It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40% of MI Democratic Votes "Uncommited"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
www.thegreenpapers.com...

No votes for Obama or Edwards counted, either? Not sure if this fits as a "conspiracy" but I'm just curious if anyone has any insight into what that means as I've never seen it before. Anyone? Anyone at all? Bueller?

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This probably means that they are registered Democrats most likely leaning towards a Ron Paul vote and they took took their registered privilege to vote and let their Democratic party keep guessing.

I'm not affiliated with a party, can't vote for who will run for President then.
But if I was registered Democrat I would not have voted for any of the Democrats.
Bill Richardson almost seemed a candidate until "No decriminalization" and then
all his tax and spend rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
i just read up on it, so i suppose the thread can close unless people want to discuss obama's and edwards' withdrawals from the MI ballot, the penalties placed on the MI primaries due to some date-related punishment, and the fact that almost half of the MI democrats that voted actually voted for nobody.

www.cnn.com...

www.thegreenpapers.com...

"On 1 December 2007, the DNC has determined that the date of Michigan's 15 January 2008 primary violates party rules and has decided to strip the state of its delegation. The determination was made official on 5 January 2008. Michigan had 128 pledged delegate votes (83 district, 28 at-large, and 17 PLEO) and 28 unpledged delegate votes (17 unpledged DNC members, 1 Governor, 2 Democratic U.S. Senators, 6 Democratic U.S. House Members, and 2 add-ons). Total delegate votes changed from 156 to 0."

makes you wonder why people went out and voted at all.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sacreligion

Well I'm not sure if you meant everybody as in all voters or just Democrats, but, the GOP still recognized the primary, and i thought it gave us some pretty good insight on which way the wind will be blowing on the big election day.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The DNC stripped Michigan of all its democratic delegates so voting for anyone was pointless. Many people voted uncommitted as a way to protest this stripping of delegates.

top topics

join