It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as love.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Once again etherical even though your a weird dude sometimes, you do have a habit of putting stuff up that can be understood. I read this a long time ago in the bible, and forgot about it completely, or just the things in life kind of put it in the shadows. But this part says it all really, and I know of none who have said it better or expressed it better, then that. I guess were all just children, talking like children, and reasoning like children, and all we see is reflections of ourselves in the mirror.

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Love comes from forgiveness and acceptance. Learn to do those things and you will have love.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Interest rises every time one puts on a biblequote. My heart hungers for bibleknowledge. It comes in steps. Very interesting and relieving.

It's a joy to understand the bible. Makes me feel really good. Hope!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Yep its written as a deeper knowledge like alot of religious texts are. For those with eyes to see, and ears to hear, is very true, with stuff to do with spiritual stuff.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

There is no such thing as love, love is bashed so much it is no more. People have been killed because they loved. The only thing humanity is doing is helping themselves to get food and money. Nothing else matters anymore.

What do you mean etherical, I'm pretty sure that some people "love" food and money, more then they would love other things. In-fact you could say this world was created by our "love" of money and power, and maybe even food. Things don't just happen you know, they happen for a reason, or from a reason.

In the thread 'why did God even give you all a soul', this man speaks out, out of love, many did not understand. Very weird replies.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If only it were that simple but it isn't.

If it was merely a chemical reaction, everyone would react the same and have very similar symptoms. Just like a drug or any chemical,
we would all have the same reaction, and would know for how long.
And there wouldn't be different kinds of love. If it is indeed just a chemical and hormones, then we wouldn't love our grandmothers differently then our friends. How would parents adopt children and love them as their own?

There is no biological connection there.And it certainly doesn't fit the ecological profile.

There are a million factors into how we choose our mates, and it is quite complicated. For most species, it is the most biologically fit.
There are only a few species that mate for any duration.
While love may be biologically based, it is not logical in a lot of ways. Humans love past child bearing years. I have seen one spouse die quickly after another. There is no sense into loving into old age. People stay in love despite not being able to reproduce. Again, that doesn't happen in nature.

yes, the instant attraction and the honeymoon stage is biological. But nature's concern stops there. You breed, you reproduce, you raise the child together. But the biology stops there.

So a sincere question for the "Just say no to love" campaign or AAL, or atsers against love, why isn't any breakup only temporary? Any addictions the withdrawels last from a week to a month. So why do people die of broken hearts? Why are people gunshy for years after a bad breakup? Why are the symptoms completely different then a typical addiction?

Why isn't there a cure? A cure for heartbreak would reap in billions. So why hasn't one been developed yet?

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join