It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drafting plan to allow government access to any email or Web search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   

US drafting plan to allow government access to any email or Web search

rawstory.com

National Intelligence Director Mike McConnell is drawing up plans for cyberspace spying that would make the current debate on warrantless wiretaps look like a "walk in the park," according to an interview published in the New Yorker's print edition today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Can anyone verify this? So far I've only been able to find articles that refer to the same Raw Story piece. It would be nice if somebody can get a hold of the New Yorker print edition in question.

If true, is there any more doubt that your rights are being eroded? Or is this one of the "privileges" that have been revoked?

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I never like the sound of more privacy being take away.

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Taken from the article :
--- "We're talking about domestic traffic as well as international traffic," Klein said. Previous Bush administration claims that only international communications were being intercepted aren't accurate, he added." ---

They can't be sure what goes in or how it went out etc, but I'm sure they have your name right. Every six months or so I see an outright assault on the inet like this. That's not to say every six minutes some one is figuring out another way to chop at our rights.

Incremental enslavement.

The race is on folks. Either knowledge gets out and the people react or the knowledge will be shut down and the people will be stifled.

I tell everyone I know to wake the heck up and look around them. Most of em have these sleepy eyes though..

b

new topics

top topics

join