It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a thesis statement???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
yeah im slow....plz enlighten me

at my school we got this high school requirement thing we have to do called the "senior project". in it one of the things we have to do is write a research paper on the career we want. my research paper is gonna be on art so i need to think of a thesis statement to start it off. The research paper is gonna be mainly focusing on how the world would be if there wasnt art.

give me some examples of a thesis statement on a topic of your choice plz..

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thesis statement is based on a main idea, position, or a view of the essay writer; it is the hypothesis at the heart of a writer's work.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I always struggled with the thesis statements in research papers when i was in highschool. unfortunatley i don't have any information to help you with but i just thought i would add you're not the only one who struggles with these!

good luck

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A thesis statements is like your main statement which your work surrounds and refer back to. For example "All physcial journeys have unexpected and tragic consequences". Then you would base your argument/whatever around this. Or another one is "The world would be very dull and the downfall of society will be certain without art" Then you give key points about why or how it would be dull etc...

If this didn't help you can always Google

new topics

top topics

join