It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Marines to be taught 'freerunning'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Yeah this would be more geared toward Special Forces. LRRP and conventional forces would really have nigh the reason or ability. However urban infiltration/ close combat? Definatley effective.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Everything can be useful.... you just have to figure out how to incorporate it.

In this case - you would be better off to use small forces of "ninjas" to use this technique to wreak havoc with enemy patrols and MG nests (set up to cover standard avenues of advance).

You would want them to be lightly outfitted - likely female (better flexibility), and to use small, high-yield explosives to set traps and to strike at emplacements.

For the main forces... I can't see much practicality aside from physical conditioning or maybe the concept of moving quickly through urban terrain. Though I don't see it as part of an effective tactic for the regular army.

Though it could be a potential disinfo - get your enemy to see your soldiers doing something and spend millions/billions training their forces in a rather pointless tactic. It wouldn't be the first time (I suspect that the "Star Gate" program - the Remote Viewing project from the CIA was started under such a premise..... though I also suspect we got more than we bargained for).

Cost of a video and a few news reports about the idea? Twenty... Fifty thousand dollars.... cost to the Chinese to train their army? A billion dollars.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join