It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 State's Ids may be air travel invalid due to REAL ID Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
REAL ID Act final details unveiled

By May, the dispute could leave millions of people unable to use their licenses to board planes, but privacy advocates called that a hollow threat by federal officials.

So far, 17 states have passed legislation or resolutions objecting to the REAL ID Act's provisions, many because of concerns it will cost them too much to comply. The 17, according to the ACLU, are Arkansas, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Washington.

Source:
Daily Chronicle Online

Friday's unveiling final details of the REAL ID Act's rules, makes you wonder what else they are going to pull. Here it comes, the attempt to force us into this... I believe a majority of these states rejected the act by Bush Administration for privacy reasons, not money issues. By the year 2014, those seeking to board an airplane or enter a federal building would have to present a REAL ID-compliant card, but claims are the chip won't be included. Though, it is said to be included with future passports.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by dreamingawake]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm hoping I read your post clearly. Because if that's the case, then I'm glad that GA (where I live right now) and IL (where my inlaws live) have objected the Real ID. I'm just saying according to your post, although I do remember the number of states objecting the real ID was bigger than 17. That could've changed.

I say these 17 states band together and make it so we can still travel to these 17 states without the Real ID card, it will be a modern day "secession" and a big f*** you to the govt. lol!

[edit on 12-1-2008 by Question]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
I'm hoping I read your post clearly. Because if that's the case, then I'm glad that GA (where I live right now) and IL (where my inlaws live) have objected the Real ID. I'm just saying according to your post, although I do remember the number of states objecting the real ID was bigger than 17. That could've changed.

Various current sources say 17, but I believe there are more states trying to be added to the list.

I say these 17 states band together and make it so we can still travel to these 17 states without the Real ID card, it will be a modern day "secession" and a big f*** you to the govt. lol!

Hell yeah, I'm for that... maybe a possibility?

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
What is it about "we DON'T WANT IT" that the govt. doesn't understand? is it the "we"? is it the "don't"? obviously they understand "want" because they want this to happen. But they obviously forget that we have to want it as well and I hardly doubt there are "many americans" that want this as the article claims.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think Cheroff's threat is a bluff.

However, statements like his give state legislators an excuse to pass unpopular/repressive legislation.

This is how the NWO works. They subvert the process by giving our elected officials an "easy way out" of accepting accountability for their actions.

top topics

join