It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback on ghost photograph please

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
A friend emailed me this image and believes that it could be a ghost. She asked if i could post a thread here so others could advise her whether it could be a ghost or a defect in the photo.

I believe it is simply a problem with the photo. Can someone analyse it and give her an explanation on why the photograph looks this way?

External Image

[edit on 11-1-2008 by wtftrauma]

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's an overexposure, not an expert here, but I've seen it before, see how the blurs match up to the computer screen for one? As for the rest, it looks like she needs to clean the lens.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Thanks,

I assumed it was something like that. Also it looks like when the picture was taken the camera was moving upwards quickly and thats why the credits on the TV have distorted vertically.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
If this was a film camera, a lot of the orange blotchy tint could be from expired (old) film.

The TV credits are definitely causing the blurred effect, but I'm not sure how unless the flash fired late - ie: the camera aperture was open while the camera was being moved upwards in a dim room, then the flash fired a split second later giving enough light to capture your friend's image sharply.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
They told me it was a digital camera. Either way whatever happened to the photo is from the credits on the TV.

posted on Jan, 14 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The person who took the picture says she is sure the TV wasn't on. She also finds it weird that the person in the image wasn't distorted if the camera was moving.

top topics

join