It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do u know about Sikhism??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how many people know about Sikhism and what are your thoughts about Sikhism?? Thank You.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
hi,

quite a bit actually. despite me being only 22 years of age. im a history major and a philosophy minor. within that i do some religious studies work as well and just a have a facisination with theology as a whole. anyways, i did some world religions studies and actually went to a sikh temple and spoke with the religious leader and watched a service. i also had a professor that was a sikh as well. (this was merely to expand my knowledge i wasnt seeking to convert to it. ive also gone and spoke with religious leaders and watched services of the zoroastrians, janists, buddhists, mormons, hindus, shiite muslims, jehovahs witnesses, and a plethora of christian groups as well. i myself am an eastern orthodox christian convert, i was lutheran).

as far as what i think of it, i find it to be a respectful religion. all encompassing, believing that many paths lead men to God. religious preferences are not a barrier. so in that way they are similar to unitarianism i suppose. however the actual religious services are very ritualistic so that implies there is a lot of structure within it as well.

i think the sikhs have endured alot of persecution in india from muslim groups there, which i think is a very very sad thing. being that they are a non-violence practicing group, with a long long theological history and very indepth philosophy of the cosmos.

Kind Regards,
Digitalgrl

[edit on 10/01/2004 by DigitalGrl]

new topics

join