It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best Books

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Hey folks, I was wondering if you fine people could help me out.

What are the best books you would recommend regarding conspiracies, secret societies, etc?

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs is good. David Icke's books are all good IMO, but he's not for everyone. Behold a Pale Horse is a perennial favorite.

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Raoul Duke]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Books by Jim Marrs (now an ATS member) are pretty good if you are looking for verifiable material.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Not exactly about conspiracy theories, but could be a conspiracy that not everyone has read it, I recommend to each and all "How to Think like Leonardo da Vinci" by Michael J. Gelb.
This book will improve your outlook and understanding as well as enlighten you to your own natural gifts. It will definitely have a direct effect on your method of thinking and allow yourself to become more open to alternative ideas to which you may be presently suppressed to understand (I have read many of your posts).
I would also like to add that you should read it at least twice to fully grasp it in its entirety.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
One book I have in my possession that is good as a general reference on conspiracies is called: "The Encyclopedia Of Conspiracies & Conspiracy Theories" by Micheal Newton and published origionally in 2006 by Checkmark Books. It has entries listed from A to Z and also has a somewhat extensive Bibliography of other books on pages 398-403.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Well, I don't know if this might be of interest to you, but a book called 'The Spear of Destiny' is one of my favorites regarding WW2 stuff and nazi occult. It deals with the Thule society, Madame Blavatsky, and much other secret society & occult type things, and behind the scenes things during the second war.

This is the only thing even remotely close to what you're asking for that I've read. And you might find interest in the Thule society.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
"Everything Is Under Control : Conspiracies, Cults, and Cover-Ups" by the late Robert Anton Wilson.

It is full of everything you want, plus RA Wilson is a great writer.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
'You Are Being Lied To', by Disinfo Press, is another good book to read. Another book in my possession is 'The Nazi's And The Occult.'

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
The rough guide to conspiracy theories is a pretty comprehensive overview of conspiracy theories, secret societies, ufo's and the like. It also has links and a bibliography relating to each specific conspiracy and a comprehensive list of sites and a general bibliography at the end of it. It's how I found this site.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Secret societies..................hum..........I guess if there WERE actually revealing books on secret societies the adjective of that title would be inaccurate. However, The Puzzle Palace: Inside America's Most Secret Intelligence Organization by James Bamford is an interesting read. Written in '82 I believe it was one of the first books ever written about the NSA and certainly one of the best. Also, Bamford more recently (2002) wrote his follow up book entitled Body of Secrets: Anatomy of the Ultra-Secret National Security Agency about what has been going on inside the NSA since the first book was published. Both are well written but again, one should bare in mind that nothing was revealed in these books that wasn't intended to be revealed. This fact however, should keep most readers wondering "if this is what was deemed acceptable to be released, what wasn't"?

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Topsy_Kretts]

new topics

top topics

join