It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Deja-Vu just a glitch in the matrix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I consistently have Deja-Vu, to the point where I am questioning my own existence.

Sometimes the Deja-Vu is about very mundane things such as the feeling that a friend

tells me something in the same sequence that I feel they have alrerady told me before.

However they present me with an idea as if they have just thought of it and there is no

way they have previously told me before. I also have Deja-Vu about more serious

subjects such as a relative dying, and then I get the distinct feeling I have already

experienced the same scenario before, complete with the same conversations with

family members about the deceased relative. A friend once told me that Deja-Vu

occurs when one side of the brain experiences something very slighly before the other

side of the brain and you get the feeling that you have already had that experience.

I think that there is something more to it though, maybe Deja-Vu is a sign you're on the

right path in life. If anyone has any thoughts on this it would be much appreciated.

P.S. I got a weird feeling I have posted this before.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I've only had "severe" deja vu one time in my life and I was under the influence of a substance that can cause misperceptions of the environment so I guess I could discount it for that reason.

The situation was a conversation with my wife (girlfriend at the time). We literally had a 4-5 minute conversation that I had already had before. I find it hard to believe that different sides of my brain were confusing information. About halfway into the conversation, I started finishing sentences for her and a minute or so later I actually went into a monologue and took on both sides of the conversation. Her jaw literally dropped and she told me afterwards that it was like I was reading her mind word for word and speaking for her. Very strange and the incident still comes up in conversation from time to time as it's just so unexplained.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think it comes from making shifts in time lines. It has happened to me many times. The incidents ranged from short flashes to "reliving" 20-30 minutes.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I don't think deja-vu is a "glitch in the matrix" as much as it was used as a novel plot device based on a poorly understood phenomenon.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by greydawn

I've been lead to believe that some people experience this as some type of feed back. If we are in some type of matrix or program than this is a glitch of some sort. I've experienced waking up during a sleep cycle before an alleged dream was finished and then seeing a vague impression of a matrix type scroll. It suggests some type of message, especially in the context of a warning or precognition.

Some peoples lives may very well be scripted or programed much like a hologram like in Star Trek. There are supposedly changes occurring in our magnetic field that may effect us and or this matrix this way also.

I experienced some of what you are saying around 1991 when it appeared that I had seen several years into the future and eventually forgot most of it, but not until I witnessed it to some JW friend and boss over it. He than told me I would be like the false prophet if I spoke openingly about it.

In some ways by telling certain people about future events can change these events to some degree such as with the Tsunami. One interesting and similar movie was White Noise and the more recent with a twist similar to Wishmaster was: Premonition.

It does appear that we seem to be in some type of matrix, even if only caused by some type of magnetic anomaly. If the messiah or christ figure is a program though, than possibly anything that causes interference is antichrist, satanic or what we refer to as glitches or ghosts in the matrix.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I think it's probably more like a glitch in your brain.

new topics

top topics

join