It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half-Life: Decay (PC port)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:13 AM
link   
this is for all you old-school PC HL-ers who never got a chance to play the Decay expansion because it was only included in the PlayStation 2 port of HL... the game is in final beta testing and should be released sometime soon... i can't wait for this to come out... i've been into HL since it was first released back in 1998...

Our team is working on straight port of this game to PC! ... As for quality of our port - be calm, we are re-creating all missions based on decompiled bsp's of original Decay with minimal improvements. PC version will also feature all the upgraded models and will be available for both WON and Steam versions of Half-Life.

Like Gearbox's other expansion packs Opposing Force and Blue Shift, Decay returns to the setting and timeline of the original story, but with different player characters: two female colleagues of Gordon Freeman, Dr. Gina Cross and Dr. Colette Green, who both take part in the Anomalous Materials laboratory experiment - they make preparations for the experiment under the Test Chamber such as monitoring Anti-Mass spectrometer and delivering anomalous materials to Dr. Freeman. When disaster happens both women together with their collegues Dr. Rosenberg and Dr. Keller try to save personell of the facility and reverse the resonance cascade to seal the dimensional rift.

for more info and screenshots:
decay.half-lifecreations.com...

and here's a short video of some gameplay of the first level...

frag on!

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I take it there will be online co-op? I had it on PS2 and it was really satisfying for me being a Half-Life fanboy but without online co-op it would blow. I had to play through it on the PS2 myself switching off characters because all my friends were HL haters at the time.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this mod is dead. An ambitious attempt by this modder, but he just couldn't get it accomplished.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Really? Being as it is done and released, I can only assume you are full of crap. Have a nice day.

top topics

join