It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twin Stars, Twin Planets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am looking for some information regarding twin stars and twin Planets. I have read Earth and Venus are nearly the same size, but nearly is not twin. Anyone heard of any twin stars or planets?

This article is Dec 2006

Twin Star Explosions Fascinate Astronomers:

An image of the two supernovas side by side in the galaxy NGC 1316 is pictured here. The first supernova, still visible on the "right" in the image, was detected on June 19, 2006, and was named SN 2006dd. The second supernova, on the immediate "left" in the image, was detected on November 5 and has been named SN 2006mr. (Other objects in the image include a central bright spot, whic is the galaxy core, and a bright object to the far left, like an earring, which is a foreground star.)

ScienceDaily

What would happen if two stars collided?

Planets found around twin stars

[edit on 10-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

jra

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I am looking for some information regarding twin stars and twin Planets.

What kind of information? In regards to planets, we know next to nothing about ones outside our solar system except for some basic characteristics. And for twin stars, are you looking for ones that are identical to eachother or ones that are apart of a binary star system?

What would happen if two stars collided?

Here's a link about star collisions.

posted on Jan, 11 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra
In regards to planets, we know next to nothing about ones outside our solar system except for some basic characteristics.

Well that is very frustrating, no wonder I couldn't find much info!

And for twin stars, are you looking for ones that are identical to each other or ones that are apart of a binary star system?

oh gee, not sure, just curious to see if there were identical twin stars or planets. Quite an absurd question

How disappointing that we don't know much about other planets/stars outside this solar system... guess its a matter of waiting for some breakthrough in technology.

ho hum

[edit on 11-1-2008 by Thurisaz]

join