It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia will attack US soon!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
An attack from china could work... what do you think we would do... err... BUSH would do if Alask and Florida got attacked? We'd... I mean BUSH would send in like half our troops to take them out. So China sends another front to Florida at the same time... now we have to send troops to TWO opposite parts of the country. Remember how we seem to work... we just send in mass armies and mass firepower. Now we have most of our troops on certain areas, and the chinese know this, so they drop an assload of troops right smack in the middle of the country. Civilians are unprepared for war, and most don't have much more than a handgun or two, and not much for ammo. Once you wipe out a buttload of civilians, you don't have the resources to start the Draft. Why box the boxxer? It's a rule of Martial Arts that works very well. Basically it sounds to me like the Chinese would rather take out the weakest that could POTENTIALLY become stronger... the Civilians. Just wipe out the future, so to speak, and the present is all yours. With Russia as backup, we would be in quite a quandry... ok, we just lost an assload of people... not neccesarily Military, mind you. If we are in that situation and Russia jumps in saying "give up or we'll nuke" what are you going to do? Sacrafice EVERYONE so there's noone left? What would you be fighting for?

Seems very reasonable attack to me. I know all you military peeps are gonna flame me with the old "There's no way... we are too powerful... we are ELITE!" and all that crap... don't do it. I grew up in a military family in a military town. I'm not stupid. And I know how they brainwash you into thinking you're more of a badass than you really are. About half the military got in because they 'need a place to fit in', not because they want to defend their country. About 90% of the people I personally know are only in the military because it pays decent, and has benifits. They didn't give a crap about defending their country, they just wanted some kind of steady job. When they got out of Basic, though, they were all super gung-ho and thought they were like some higher life form or something. Don't start that arguement with me, please.

China, as I stated before, could take care of alot of their problems just by ridding themselves of overpopulation. Send them to America, where a HUGE casualty would be expected, and they win-win. Russia? They just want revenge... I said it earlier. They were better off repressed than starving. So, they just aide... they don't start the war. Simple way of not feeling guilty. Kinda like "Everyone else was doing it, so I figured I would too!".

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Well it proves one thing though, you still can't trust commies can you?

You know this is the filthest thing you said.

You are a moron.

Please get it right Russia is a DEMO#ENCRATIC country.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamrebel
Russia is not even capable of keeping the Chechen rebels in check, never the less the US Military, armed population, and yahoos like me and my friends. US would mop up, if Russia invaded. It would go nuclear very very quickly.

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by dreamrebel]

Ok lets say Russia cant keep Chechen rebels in check.

How about US in Iraq.

Also Russian is not 6,000miles or so from Chechena.

And Iraq is over a ocean away from US.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycosrus
"Russia will attack US soon"

In one word....... "NOPE",
its not that its not possible, its just not very likely!
If this WERE to happen, Russia would need some very strong allies,

Is hate not a strong allie?

China hates US.

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Personally..I am one of those "hicks" me and my buddies would enjoy the target practice...I'm not racist mind you, but I am an expert marksman-like many others I know. Many of us can dissappear into the woods with little in the way of supplies and stay there for extended periods.
My only questions are , Will the hunting license and chi-com tags be available at wal mart??? and can we hunt over baited fields or run dogs?

Quit playing video games on your computer.

It sound easy on moives and computer...

Out,
Russian

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you read my first posting on this matter then you'll understand this next piece. Zee

China and Taiwan meet on diamond
Distrust reigns, but baseball opens a door
By Stephanie Hoo, Associated Press, 2/12/2004

TIANJIN, China -- Baseball, not politics, is on Jiao Yi's mind this week as his Tianjin Tigers journey to Taiwan for training.

"We need more practice games and to make more progress," said Jiao, who coaches the powerhouse of China's fledgling four-team league. "And we heard that Taiwan was quite good at baseball."

It's rare for China to admit that its political nemesis is good at anything. While Taiwan is a feisty, self-ruling democracy, the Beijing government insists that Taiwan is part of the Communist mainland but in denial.

China's leaders are especially worried about Taiwan's March 20 elections, and have warned that any moves toward formal independence could lead to war.

This hard-line attitude extends to sports. Since Beijing maintains that Taiwan isn't really a country, and many countries and international organizations concur, Taiwan can't participate in the Olympics under its own flag and must instead parade under a neutral Olympics flag and call itself "Chinese Taipei."

That hasn't stopped Tianjin's sports authority from sending its baseball players across the 100-mile strait that divides the rivals. The Tigers got permission from both sides to train in Taiwan for 35 days, starting yesterday.

"I hope to absorb Taiwan's baseball experience," said pitcher Miao Yueqiu, who also plays on China's national team. "We can study and learn by mutual discussion."

Much as pingpong diplomacy in the 1970s helped lay the groundwork for renewed US-China relations, baseball diplomacy and other low-level exchanges bring together Chinese and Taiwanese.

Jiao bristles at the suggestion that his training trip means anything for cross-strait relations.

"Taiwan is a part of China, so you can't call it `baseball diplomacy,' " he said. He suggests "baseball learning exchange."

"Our life, our customs, our language are all the same," he said, recalling last year's trip. "Training in Taiwan suits us."

Few in China follow baseball, yet in Taiwan it's the top sport. The island's Little Leaguers won 17 world championships from 1969 to 1996.

In China, baseball is considered an intellectual game. It's also considered a game for developed countries, because of the money needed for equipment and playing fields -- unlike the more egalitarian soccer.

"One can trace a country's development to baseball," Jiao said. "The United States is the best, and Taiwan learned from the United States more quickly."

Tom McCarthy, an American who is vice chairman of the Chinese Baseball League's organizing committee, said that when Taiwan's baseball officials visit the mainland, the two sides "have very good rapport."

"These guys go out, eat and drink, and share stories," he said. "Politics is one thing, but business goes on, sports goes on. And I think that's the way they approach it."

"As long as no Chinese Taipei flag is floating around," he added.

Li Lulu, an 18-year-old pitcher, started playing baseball as a youth because he enjoyed being part of a team. At first, he said, "I didn't understand it, either. But the more I played, the more I liked it.

"Baseball uses your brain. The United States and Japan are better, but China, too, can learn something new."

� Copyright 2004 Globe Newspaper Company.

� Copyright 2004 The New York Times Company

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Yet more proof the bubble is about to POP! Zee

Taiwan's Chen Challenges China
NewsMax.com
Monday, Feb. 09, 2004
"We should be very confident in saying very loudly to the world that Taiwan is an independent, sovereign country; there is no need to be ambiguous," the island nation�s President Chen Shui-bian boldly announced Friday, defying Beijing�s denunciation of his decision to call a referendum on relations with mainland China.
Rejecting international concerns that the election would serve as a provocation, threatening the status quo in the Taiwan Strait, Chen described the March 20 referendum, Taiwan's first, as a key milestone in his country�s infant democracy, according to a report in the LA Times.

But French President Jacques Chirac has called the initiative a "grave error" that could destabilize the region.

Chen further charged that Beijing's denunciation of the upcoming referendum was nothing more than business as usual -- 17 years of intimidating the island's 23 million people as they head to democracy.

China views Taiwan as nothing more than a breakaway province that will someday be reunited under mainland rule, and has repeatedly warned that holding a referendum would be seen as a provocative step.

Historically, statements by Chen and predecessor, Lee Teng-hui, referring to Taiwan as an independent state have prompted severe rejoinders from the mainland.

Chen is placing two questions before the electorate:

Should the government buy new antimissile systems to counter the growing buildup of ballistic missiles Beijing has deployed along its coast opposite the island?

Should the government open talks with Beijing to establish "a peace and stability framework" for cross-strait relations?
Chen said he understood world concerns but downplayed the significance of his novel move:

"I appreciate the concerns from the international community � particularly from the U.S. government and President Bush � and I can assure everybody that the Taiwan issue is certainly not a liability or a burden to the United States."

In allied remarks Friday, Chen made these points:

His plan to draft a new constitution for the island by 2006 � an idea that Beijing believed held equally dangerous implications � would be conducted "on the basis of the status quo" and would involve a series of internal issues aimed mainly at improving government efficiency. Drafters of a new constitution, many believe, will have to define Taiwan's boundaries � a move that may undo the political ambiguities on which the current peace rests.

Nations should endorse his proposal for creation of a demilitarized zone between the two adversaries and the start of a cross-strait dialogue based on "equality and reciprocity" to maintain peace in the region.

Upon reelection, his second inaugural address would "say to the world that it is my duty, my historic mission and my strong conviction to maintain permanent peace across the Taiwan Strait�."
In December, President Bush warned Chen that America would oppose any unilateral change in the status quo -- the arrangement under which Taiwan has enjoyed most benefits of an independent state yet has left unchallenged China's claim over the island.

The referendum is scheduled to be held on the same day Chen is seeking reelection in a tight race for Taiwan's presidency.

Chen has been accused by observers of deliberately trying to provoke an angry reaction from China that might win him votes.

The Taiwan referendum law enables a president to go to the electorate with issues that pose an imminent threat to the island's security. At the time he announced the referendum, Chen claimed that 496 missiles were aimed at the island.

Despite his fighting words to the Chinese, Chen pledged to maintain the status quo as he sees it -- including Taiwan as an independent, sovereign country that carries the official name of Republic of China but which "has yet to become a normal and complete country."

In 1972 the U.S., China and Taiwan agreed to a face-saving "one-China policy" under which China is labeled as a country under two governments awaiting eventual reunification. However, most countries, including the United States in 1979, eventually broke formal ties with Taipei. Today, Taiwan has diplomatic relations with 27 countries.

"No one believes in the one-China policy here," said Andrew Yang, secretary-general of the Chinese Council of Advanced Policy Studies, an independent think tank in Taipei.

Wu and other political observers believe that Chen � a native of Taiwan whose Democratic Progressive Party advocates formal independence � is both riding and encouraging this shift in the public mood.

It is a mood that has enabled him to push the envelope on creating greater political distance from China and has forced the opposition Nationalists to abandon the "One China" they helped create, according to the Times report.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by cyberzee]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by THENEO
Well it proves one thing though, you still can't trust commies can you?

You know this is the filthest thing you said.

You are a moron.

Please get it right Russia is a DEMO#ENCRATIC country.

Out,
Russian

Truly I hope you are right and I am wrong on this. But time will tell won't it? There are many that hang around here that like the idea of Russia taking down the US so I can't say that this is out of the realm of the impossible that communists still exist and still desire the destruction of the US.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"The threat is still there," said Major Francis Diorin, who is the chief of DSP operations at Peterson Air Force Base in Colorado. "The Soviets still have ICBMs on alert."

www.space.com...

Someone else might think there is something going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
THE WHITE ARMY IS THE KKK, I ALWAYS THOUGHT GOD WAS IN LEAGUE WITH THE KKK!

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
does this have anything to do with it?
news.yahoo.com.../nm/20040221/wl_nm/taiwan _election_dc_3
if it does...uh oh its happening

posted on Feb, 21 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
Ok lets say Russia cant keep Chechen rebels in check.

How about US in Iraq.

Also Russian is not 6,000miles or so from Chechena.

And Iraq is over a ocean away from US.

Out,
Russian

Damn, just about every post I read from Russian makes me wonder more and more if he has Post Cold War Bitterness.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
true about the militia man but i was talkin about the South kinda militia who are patriots and stuff (not sayin the others arent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Screw them they need to worry about the religious whacos armed to the teeth waiting for just such stuff and the dope growers and meth labs back in the woods that shot at anything that moves.

And if they can fight there way through all of them then they get to my house and the real trouble starts

by wanna be hillbilly biker
------------------------------------------------

screw them? so yall mfers UP in arkansas aint claimin' no part of south aye?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
now that i am sober i think that i misunderstood your post hillbilly biker whoooops

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Russia will allie with the English nations. China will collapse and suffer from famine and poverty, they will be removed form the equasion. Russia and the English Nations will size control of the whole middle east and most of africa,will then form a new world order in alliance with the other European nations and begin to persicute the 3rd world resistance to their global dominaton.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
China's Taiwan Bargain On North Korea
Updated:2004-02-29 12:54:08 MYT

Chinese diplomats are seeking to link their support for the US in nuclear negotiations with North Korea with a none-too-subtle demand that the US back China in its running dispute with Taiwan, all of which has put President Bush in a quandary that is compounded by politics at home.

Washington insiders say Chinese embassy officials have fanned out over the capital, pointing to their efforts to dissuade North Korea from acquiring nuclear weapons.

The Chinese are hosting the second six-party meeting on the North's nuclear weapons in Beijing, with South Korean, Japanese, US, Russian and North Korean representatives also taking part.

There, and in Washington, the Chinese have suggested that, in return for their central role in the talks with North Korea, they expect the US to persuade President Chen Shui-bian of Taiwan to give up plans to hold a referendum at the same time as Taiwan's presidential election on March 20.

The referendum itself is rather bland, asking the people of Taiwan to approve improvements in the nation's defence against Chinese missiles and to vote for negotiations with China. Those questions are not nearly as important as the precedent the referendum will set, and that is what has made the Chinese so angry.

President Chen wants to set up the referendum as a political instrument that can be used later when he seeks to revise Taiwan's constitution. He will have established the principle, as the referendum law says, of asking for a national vote "when the nation is threatened by an external force that could cause a change in the nation's sovereignty."

That precedent could well be a great leap forward in President Chen's long-range campaign to make Taiwan formally independent of China, which claims sovereignty over the island. The Chinese argument for linkage between the two issues is fundamentally flawed.

On North Korea, China and the US have parallel interests, both seeking to stop the North Koreans from acquiring nuclear weapons. China no more wants North Korean nuclear missiles on its border in Manchuria than the US wants them pointed at US forces in Asia, or at Alaska and Hawaii.

On Taiwan, in contrast, China and the US have different objectives. China considers Taiwan to be part of its territory and has vowed to use military force to capture the island, if necessary. US policy varies, depending on who is in the White House. Most American leaders argue that the fate of Taiwan should be determined peacefully and with the assent of the people of Taiwan.

Here's where the quandary arises. On the one hand, President Bush not only wants Chinese help with North Korea but also in his war on terror and on other international issues. As he told Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao at the White House in December, "We are partners in diplomacy, working to meet the dangers of the 21st century."

On the other hand, a referendum is a normal element of democratic governments around the world. An American president who opposes a referendum puts himself in an awkward political position, particularly one who has made the spread of democracy an integral part of his foreign policy.

President Bush is under political pressure from at least three sides. The neo-conservatives, or neocons, who have been a mainstay in his support, urge the US to give a full guarantee to Taiwan's security; some assert that the US should recognise Taiwan as an independent nation despite vehement Chinese opposition.

Moderates in the Republican and Democratic parties contend that the future of Taiwan is undecided and limited themselves to asserting that the status quo should be preserved until a peaceful solution is found.

Senator John Kerry, the Democrat of Massachusetts who is the front-runner for his party's nomination in the presidential election in November, favours a more pro-Chinese stance. The senator supports a "one-China" policy that sees Taiwan as a part of China and asserts that the US is not obligated to help protect Taiwan.

President Bush himself has fluctuated between a hard line, when he said in 2001 the US would do "whatever it takes" to defend Taiwan, and a softer statement to Premier Wen Jiabao in December, saying, "Comments and actions made by the leader of Taiwan indicate that he may be willing to make decisions unilaterally to change the status quo, which we oppose."

This has all the appearances of a rousing campaign issue in the making, one that the Chinese may be sorry they had a hand in fomenting because, in American politics, the outcome is unpredictable.

By Richard Halloran
The Korea Herald/ANN

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Both China and Russia have way too much too lose in the long run by going to war with the US. Same goes for the US.

.........but just in case.......gonna go clean my shotgun!

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
All I have to say is:

Not gonna happen. If it does, it won't be very soon.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Bush is dumb but... He has like a 100 genius military advisors, and they wouldn't allow him to pull some dumbass move like spreading his troups out thin.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The troops are already spread thin.

Here are some of the counties we are stationed in:

South Korea
Germany
Italy
England
Iraq
Quatar
Kuwait
Afgahnistan