It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two questions regarding "ignore" and "possible sticky"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hello,

I have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to after using the search button.

1. After reading about the "ignore" feature, my first thought was it would be nice to have a list of those posters who are considered disruptive (no redeeming qualities), or members who do little more than harrass. I realize that the severe cases will be warned until a ban is necessary. However there must be those who remain because they haven't pushed it far enough, or know just how much they can get away with without forcing banishment.

It would be handy to have a list of members that I can safely ignore, saving viewing space while reading a thread.

This prompted question 1.

Q1: Is there a list of abusive members, trolls, and other assorted riffraff?

2. I did a search for one of my favorite sources of online information, preterhuman.net and found it was only referenced in two threads. I believe this storehouse of printed material is so important that it should certainly be in a sticky, or a useful link list.

Q2: Has this already been done, and I've somehow missed it by not searching correctly? If not, which forum would I post such a request, or is this a matter best served by an e-mail direct to a moderator or administrator? I feel very strongly about it, because knowledge is meant to be shared--not only that, it's our duty to reveal where such documents exist and encourage others to learn more.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Keep Thinking,

Derek Falken

[edit on 8-1-2008 by DerekFalken]

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
As far as I know, you will have to sort out the riff raff for yourself. I don't think there is a master list that is viewable by members of who is on the most ignored list.

What some people view as trolling, other people think is genuine conversation. So, while I may think someone is an idiot who only posts ridiculous trash to get attention, you may think they are really being honest and are infact, an alien that talks regularly with god....or something similar.

Good luck with sorting it all out.

new topics

join