It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket Tour Suspended

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
India has suspended its team tour of Australia cause of a three match suspension handed down to Harbhajan after being found guilty of racial comments made to an Australian player during a match played in Sydney

www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23018114-23212,00.html

I hope there will be a good outcome to this

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's unfortunatly a big case of

"Yes you did"

"No I didn't"

It's really not good for the game, and to me what makes it so much worse is the people in India out burning pictures. it's a game fro Pete's sake. What is the point of having Refs and judges and the like involved in sports. If their word is to be completely disrespected.

If the Ref says he did it, then he did it and a three match ban is a joke. There should be no place for racism in any sport.

The Indian people should be burning pictures of Harbhajan for bringing disgrace to their nation.

Proud to be a MonKey

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChiKeyMonKey
It's unfortunatly a big case of

"Yes you did"

"No I didn't"

It's really not good for the game, and to me what makes it so much worse is the people in India out burning pictures. it's a game fro Pete's sake. What is the point of having Refs and judges and the like involved in sports. If their word is to be completely disrespected.

If the Ref says he did it, then he did it and a three match ban is a joke. There should be no place for racism in any sport.

The Indian people should be burning pictures of Harbhajan for bringing disgrace to their nation.

Proud to be a MonKey

i agree with everything you said, i cant add anything to it except this whole thing is stupid and its ruining the game for a lot of fans, its a shame that the game is like this sometimes.

:bnghd:

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
The Australians mastered the art of sledging and dislike it when other teams respond in like, usually much more wittier too, however, it is absolutely disgraceful that the Indians are supporting this blatant act of racism.
Symonds was also racially abused in India recently, an incident that Indian cricket authorities shrugged off.

Oh how different it would have been if an Australian had racially abused a member of the Indian team. Imagine the protests then; burning effigies in the street etc. Seen it all before.

It seems to me that cricket teams from the Indian sub-continent are the first to play the race card and exploit it too the fullest but they themselves appear the biggest practictioners of racism, (and that includes Zimbabwe!), within the cricketing fraternity.

There can be no excuse for racism within sport, irrelevant of what form it takes.
All cricketing nations should cut sporting ties with India immediately until an apology is received and compensation paid to the Australian cricket authorities.

top topics

join