It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the end of the world theory!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Look people I know this is a site where you can express yourself, but please stop with the end of the world theory!!!! Like really, its like you people want it to actually happen, like I was a believer, but one day I just sat down and started thinking things over, and i think you should do the same, even if someone like for instance the government says that it is true or God tells you in your dream it's true, don't make a big deal about it, let it happen. Things happen for a reason and you can't make a big deal of things or it is going to happen, yeah you can be scared, but live your life while you still have it, so please think this over.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Going by scripture, people who are "listening to God" are told not to place themselves in the hands of the enemy and remain watchful. Most people agree that what's coming isn't the end of the Earth, just the world as we know it.

No one wants it to happen, but some are just so comfortable in their little brainwashed worlds that they'll refuse to accept it until there's a gun at their heads, or a variety of other possibilities.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There are peope who do want the world to end. And there are people who think they are going to be spared that fate, by being plucked out, while everyone esle has to suffer through "End Times". I wish people would behave as if they had to live through what everyone else has to. I wish people did not think they were so special. We need to help the world to be a better place to live in, no matter how long we have to live in it.

SR

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Legitimatly if 2012 comes and goes alot of people will be like what now? sitting their puzzled, But no doubt a new date will emerge from somewhere to occupy people with also it's easy to pick and mix verses from the bible amongst other sources to back up your claims or to try and make them valid as has been shown time after time on threads on ATS alone.

It's a certain fact the world will end though one day longggggg into the future as it is not an infinite resource but technically we should be long dead before that happens according to science and our planet ends up as just another lonely husk in the solar system.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SR

Thank you, i just thought I needed to write this because i thought people did not understand

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Personally I don't care. If the world does end, or society changes, I'll change or end with it. I'll do my best until then. To me, the world will end hen I die. Until then, I'll live. I don't need a specter of terror to give life reason.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
According to the end-of-the world prophecies, we won't know until it actually happens. The best way to prepare for it, whether it happens or not, is to live as though each day might be our last. That's a good way to live whatever the circumstances.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The end of the world "AS we know it" basically, I do not believe that means we will all be six feet under. It means change and who doesn't need change. The world definatley needs change. Major maybe.
We can all take part in helping the change to bring about a better world, a better life. But bottom line here is... God gave us free will and we should use it for good. It's like having your own super power.

How we all live our lives together is important and what one does effects another. So sit down, think about how you want the world to be and act for the better for everyone including you. A smile is contageous, why can't facilitating good change?

So yes the end of the world as you know it may come to and end? could that mean peace with other countries? this of course doesn't mean we won't still have evil in the world as we have to have a balance, but just not as much evil?

We are all on this planet together, and no matter what our reliegon is, what we believe is, what we think and want to do... we all have to keep in mind this is a small world and we have to live on it together so why not work together to make it a better more co-habital planet. There is no reason why not.

And if god is here is a looking on to see how we handle ourselves, again free will has been given to us, so why not use it for the good of others.

Bottom line is: we need change, we want change, so lets change for the better.
ALI

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I personaly am not a believer in the end of the world theories. This Casandra complex people have about foretelling the end of the world is based on their own mortality. Deep down inside everyone knows that someday the world will end for them. They somehow see this as the world will end for everyone. This is the origin of the end of the world theories. It's a deep routed psychological ideology based on the knowledge that some day we all will die.

People have been saying the end is nigh from the dawn of time. It's a natural phenomenon in our own minds.

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You make the world you live in. So stop whining about end times and live and enjoy your life. You bring yourself negativity because you think that. The world was a much horrific place in the past, more so than it is now. Did you know they expected the RAPTURE in the year 1000? Thats what a millienium is 1000 years. Guess what ? It never happened. It won't ever happen. It didn't happen in 2000 either. The world will be here long after we are gone and our civilization is dust. Then ant people will rule the earth! Believe it or not the world is much better off now than it was in the past. People in the past had it really hard, they just didn't have mass communication like we do now. And believe me they had much more reason to believe their times were the end times. But just like then, we have religious fanatics running around telling their flock its end time to scrounge every dime they can out of their parishioners trying to buy their way into heaven. Get out of your slave mentality and enjoy your life. You are a spiritual being that can never die. And when you do it will be back to life as usual in the upper planes, unless of course you want to come back again. Its just a ride enjoy it. Lies you have been brainwashed to believe are for other people benefit not yours, so stop being a victim and live the life that YOU chose to live when you as a spirit decided to incarnate here to experience a 3 d life. Death what is that? Its just a new beginning. But to enjoy your life you have to not be afraid to live. Start trying to think for yourself instead of listening to other people lies.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is all fake there is no real facts of the end i=of the world or when it will or wont happen so why dont u people just drop it

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This subject has disturbed me greatly. I have looked at the Nibiru theory and wished I hadn't. I was not a religious person at all in fact more an atheist since losing my wife to cancer....but now think the bible and such tellings are in fact based on truth albeit ...told by ancients describing alien beings who once visited us. The Sumarians, the Mayan Indians the Egyptians and virtually every religion and culture on earth tell of gods in space ships and fallen angels....My son brought this to my attention and I regret he ever did. As a man I am afraid....as a father I am terrified. Youtube will enlighten you.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Title: STOP CONNECTING THE WORD 'THEORY' WITH EVERYTHING!

- It's going to be the end of the world because:

1) So many people who are awake & investigating have SO many things wrong, such as: We did not go to the moon, (we did, but they could not show you what they REALLY captured on film, & had to create a lot of the footage in a studio). I can go on, but that would be digressing.

2) There is a reason why most of the religions were CREATED by the elite. - Order out of chaos. - And when 'armageddon' is in the bible, people are expecting it is 'supposed to happen'.

3) The NWO , complete tyranny is going to be put into place, and as long as people continue to put what others may think of them in a higher priority category than informing their fellow man, they KNOW that the mainstream media propaganda will continue to dominate the truth movement. - It must be a real thrill for them to know that they COULD lose... and the people could wake up before they implement world government & take all our freedoms.

4) Finally, the related misconception is that 2012 is 'the end' - It is not. - It's a new cosmic era. - we are all influenced by the effect that just the moon has on us. - Imagine an alignment of the entire galaxy... That's what 2012 is all about. - And how did the Mayans know this? - Because they interacted with ETs. - Taking away your freedom will make the awakening caused by 2012 impossible.

It's our world. - Are we going to take it back, or continue watching the game & witness athe greatest loss in ALL history?? The choice is yours. The choice is yours....

- These are the days of decision.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
As we move closer to 21.12.2012 it is written that there will be worsening storms and world weather as well as more ufo comings and goings. I expect this to be so. However, I agree with those who have posted 'just get on with life' as there is nothing ordinary man can do to prevent this coming....the powers that be know about the events to come thats why they continue to deny or properly investigate these sightings of ufos ....ignorance is bliss otherwise there will be world panic ...there are areas and places of relative safety which have been built by them ...for themselves. They will save many ....intellects and scientists and those necessary to rebuild the infastructure and repopulate the world after such an caterstrofic event ....there will be visitors to earth and the majority of us will not survive

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Actually, I'm looking forward to finding out how this 2012 stuff turns out. Earlier this evening, I imagined people cashing in on how 2012 was just another scam created to keep people in a constant state of fear to an unknown, future event.

new topics

top topics

join