It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Black Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Lately there have been numerous posts on ATS and many other forums on the internet relating to media and civilian reports of UFO’s flying over various parts of Britain. The shier amount of reports all of similar description (black triangle with a row of light coming out of the back) leads me to the conclusion that the RAF has an aircraft that’s operational or in testing phases that the public don’t seem to know about.

It has been sited by many insiders so to speak that the UK does currently have a black project underway, manned or unmanned we do not know… Not only this but it may provide some light as to why the Eurofighter seemed to go so over budget, could it be that money was being taken aside or even granted in the name of the Eurofighter only to be used in another BAE development?

I think it’s pretty much factual that the objects that have been spotted are of the military nature mainly because they have all been spotted near or heading to RAF bases around the UK.

Do you agree? Does the UK have a black project under wraps? If so what do you think its main role is; combat, surveillance or even just a testing platform.

I leave it to you to expand as this could turn into a very interesting discussion.

Kaz

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
BAE SYSTEMS and other military sourse have been saying for ages there is a huge uav & ucav project in the piplines, and the next generation of the royal airforce is more than likley going to be, unmaned...

sware i read something up about this a couple of years ago, maybe a prototype of some sort, but this would all deppend on the performance of this triangle shaped craft on the videos. links?

[edit on 3-1-2008 by BRITWARRIOR]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

hi there,

good post , good questions,

if you look up some of my posts you will see some info you may find interesting to the questions you have asked.

snoopyuk

[edit on 3-1-2008 by snoopyuk]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Yes, I have seen many here in the UK.

Alot of strange black shapes over rural leicestershire at night.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

For the countries involved in developing the Eurofighter, Britain will have to spend an additional 5.8 billion euros (8.2 billion dollars), Italy 2.16 billion, Germany 1.97 billion and Spain 820 million, the weekly reported in its edition to appear Jan. 28.

Surly something has to be going on here; we are looking at an over £5.2 BILLION overspend. Would it not make sense that money is being siphoned from the Eurofighter Project in order to fund a new aircraft?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

That depends, thirst. What is the context of those figures, where are they from?

If that is projected extra spending going forward from now, then you have a point.

If however it is the total extra spend for the programme since it was first proposed and costed in 1980's, then sadly, that is what military projects always do.

There have been several UK black projects, all very small in comparison to what the US has had and the Taranis UCAV demonstrator is the latest (Replica was a black project too as were Herti, Kestrel and others).

All of these point to any operation black triangles flying in the UK being US machines that are over here, rather than our own, we simply cannot afford such things, the funding for the F-35, Typhoon and Carriers is all being severely stretched by our commitments in Iraq and Afghanistan so Aurora-like, even mini economy Aurora-like aircraft are out of the question, for the RAF.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The black triangular shape sounds similar to the French nEUROn. The same kind of traingular craft have been spotted flying in Australia, I wouldn't be surprised if the UK and Australia were cooperatively developing such a plane. A fellow ATS'er posted a description of an advanced aircraft possibly being tested by Australia in Afghanistan here.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

i am sorry but i have to disagree, i work for one of the developers of many new UAV`s here in the UK.

just our company alone is working on 14 ( fourteen) diff new a/c 12 of them are UAV`s.

there is always black money floating around the system....Mil technology R&D swallows most of our countries hidden budgets.....and the tech used is getting cheaper and cheaper, we even use standard electrical wholesalers for some of the parts.

take care

snoopyukl

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Could be part of the "FOAS" program. It was looking at options to replace the Tornado.

www.airforce-technology.com...

[edit on 4-2-2008 by Tolwyn]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thirst
Surly something has to be going on here; we are looking at an over £5.2 BILLION overspend. Would it not make sense that money is being siphoned from the Eurofighter Project in order to fund a new aircraft?

It might make sense, Thirst, but unfortunately history suggests that it makes just as much sense that the initial spend estimate on the Eurofighter was criminally underestimated, and that the tax payer has to fork out much much more than expected.

You only have to look at the UK government's announcements over the cost of the London 2012 olympics to see how initial excitement can turn to costly over-ambition in the space of just a few months....and Eurofighters are much, MUCH more exciting than the London Olympics...

LW

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

quite snoopy, but how many of those UAV's resemble radio controlled model aircraft and how many are stealth jets?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

indeed , many are very small in comparison to conventional craft, but there are others that are normal fast jet size.

i truly believe that the majority of sightings here in the UK are craft being tested....in fact a few months back you may remember that a few people posted from Scotland ,the North West , Wales and the Midlands all within a few weeks. i posted at the time in the threads that the dates coincided with known flight tests.

as you can imagine i cant post too much info because of the obvious reasons.

however i will answer any questions i can

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirst

We can barely afford to fly what we have.....never mind some 'black' program!

CodexK

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodexKeeper
reply to post by Thirst

We can barely afford to fly what we have.....never mind some 'black' program!

CodexK

No ammo for eurofighter cannon too lol

Oh dear. What is there to say? This could be the most ellaborate hoax to make us think that our military forces will have operational aircraft in the future lol

Being a bit more serious, it could be TARANTIS (BAe) or something that is black/undisclosed.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
When you say, " we do not know " ... we do, as the MOD admitted it on TV, BB2 Newsnight last year. Check this out;
www.mod.uk... .htm

top topics

join