It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea about the big bang and the end of the universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Another idea floating around in my head alot recently is to do with space. I'm no expert on space, i'm not even a scientist but i have these ideas and just want to know what everyone thinks.

I think eventually all super massive black holes will merge into one absolutely humongous super massive black hole. (A super massive and last galaxy) All material in our universe will orbit it and eventually most of the material will be sucked in. The odd galaxy here and there will be missed and maybe even another black that gets to far away and goes of and does its own thing.

One hypothesis for my theory states because of the sheer size of that last black hole once there isn't enough material to feed on it becomes unstable and eventually explodes (big bang) and thus we have our universe, where more black holes will form eventually all binding together into one becoming unstable and then bang again.

I've described this in very basic layman terms and I'm sure there is loads wrong with the science but what do you guys think is a scenario like it possible?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Sounds interesting though I'm no expert in this stuff. There's also the theory called the Big Crunch where the universe eventually stops expanding and all the gravity starts to pull it back to where it began.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissInformation
Sounds interesting though I'm no expert in this stuff. There's also the theory called the Big Crunch where the universe eventually stops expanding and all the gravity starts to pull it back to where it began.

Yeah i've heard about that. There is also the more commonly accepted theory of the big rip where the opposite happens and space/time ceases to exist

Are there any science buffs out there that could help me out with this theory?

join