It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Festivals are designed 4 u to spend spend spend!!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
most of the festivals we celebrate are designed for us to lose our hard earned cash O.K they make us happy for a day maybe but later on we look bac and think "why the # did i spend that much on this"

I say this cos a friend of mine left a message on my mobile kindly reminding me that "Valentines Day is fast approaching and we have to spend all our money!!!"

That message just cracked me up my friend is married and awhile ago i asked him what is he gonjna get his wife for Valentines Day he said "nothing"!!!

I have seen the light now!!

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This is true, drunk... But people buy into it, it generates profit and makes people happy?? I don't know about the last one, what i should of said businesses profit from such events.

Christmas which is btw over materialised now.

Halloween (candy, costumes, party decorations, outdoor decorations, ect)

Easter you can guess

Valentine's ...

St.Patrick's day.

The only even I truly love is St.Patrick's day... I'm celebrating.... and all i'm really buying is booze and a hat. I don't have to buy for anybody to make them "happy" .........

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
This is true, drunk... But people buy into it, it generates profit and makes people happy?? I don't know about the last one, what i should of said businesses profit from such events.

Christmas which is btw over materialised now.

Halloween (candy, costumes, party decorations, outdoor decorations, ect)

Easter you can guess

Valentine's ...

St.Patrick's day.

The only even I truly love is St.Patrick's day... I'm celebrating.... and all i'm really buying is booze and a hat. I don't have to buy for anybody to make them "happy" .........

St Patricks Day i dont celebrate that as i aint Irish but my equivalent of that is Saturday Nights!

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Yes! St. Patricks day! You buy booze for yourself, ya buy booze for your friends. Your friends buy booze for you and then strangers buy booze for ya. At the end of the day you have 20 more friends you dont know but you are all singing and dancing together. World peace is so easy.

yeah you still spend a lot but what the hell its St. Patty's

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by thebeagle]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
God i spent 600 HK$ on dinner tonite # thats the most i have spent in a while!!!!

new topics

top topics

join