It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How's the situation in Iraq?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Not sure if I'm posting in the right forum, but I wonder, what's the situation is like there right now? I believe I've seen the news where it stated that the violence is down......

With all the media getting attention from Pakistan, I wonder what's the situation like there? Is democracy forming? Are people/civilians OK? Or do people keep getting killed by U/S troops everyday still, from what I've read?

Thanks for any input!

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hi

My personal opinion is that "War In Iraq" hasnt changed since Shock and Awe. Cilvilans are getting killed each day, i actually read, from a unknown source today, that a 20 month old baby girl was killed from a road side bomb.

Anyway back to the point, i think the war in iraq is as bad as it was when Bush ordered the go ahead.

I think he made a mistake - ( i would actually like to hear the opinions of the American People of what they think of their President) - of going into iraq. This subject has come up before here on ATS, but a interesting one none-the-less.

As for the violence dropping, i dont think so, as long as there are coalition forces in iraq/afganistan, it will be going on for many more years to come.....

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   

In recent months the US military and Iraqi security forces have overseen significant improvements in security as violence against coalition forces and Iraqi citizens has declined sharply

all the reports I have been seeing read like the one above. The rest of the report is here:www.msnbc.msn.com...

I would love to hear from someone that has lives there or has family there to get an "insider's" view of what is really going on.
Surely ATS has Iraqui members???

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The problem with the Iraq war is that it is being run by a bunch of hapless war profiteering fools. All the money they are making has clouded their vision and they don't realize how deep in the **** they are. All the intelligent people who could help set things right have been fired or silenced by other means. With the current authority we are doomed if we stay and doomed if we go.

top topics

join