It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft Gamers Plan Avatar March for Ron Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

WoW Insider reports that a World of Warcraft guild will march from the Alliance cities of Ironforge to Stormwind (GP: that’s a helluva long walk!) on New Year’s Day in support of Paul’s candidacy.

Paul's Candidacy Takes a New Twist

Are gamers around the globe going to unite to support one candidate?
Will gamers at Utopia and War Online join forces to battle against our best hope?
Will there be a Ron Paul action figure out soon?

Ron Paul Characters in World of Warcarft

Is this the end for him? Will the zombies protect him?

Seriously, will this do much to help him out or not? Has any other candidates done anything like this before?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

You did pose some good questions there.
I don't know if another candidate has done this before. The world of on line games is large. I am not to sure how long they have been around. I can remember playing on line games almost twenty years ago. That was before the Internet. They were played on private bulletin boards. Things are much different now. I also think the only bad publicity is no publicity. So I don't see this hurting him any. I just also think this is a strange way to support a candidate. But times are changing, and the Internet gaming audience is large. So more power to the zombies or anything else the have on the Internet gaming sites.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
RedGolem,

As of 2006 there are over 15 million people world wide playing online games like this.

RPGing has come a long way since the dawn of the internet. I remember back the early days before the widespread use of the internet of turn based RPG's such as "Berserkers" which were played by mail (the postal type, not email type).

Let's see, first the candidates were using MySpace/Facebook then YouTube, now WarCraft. What's next, reality shows, or ATS?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanity Lost

I was around for the dawn of RPGs so I know how far they have come. I am just more interested in the politician using them for the campaign.
As to what will come next, the way I am seeing it going the reality show I think would be the next step.

new topics

top topics

join