It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
There are many miracles talked about in the Bible. I think the one that really truly amazes me is the Virgin Birth. What bigger miracle is there than that? I really don’t think there is one. I often wonder what it was like for Mary to have carried and raised God’s son. That was a miracle in itself to Mary and Mary alone. Even though Jesus was a miracle for all of us but it was two different miracles for Mary if you think about it.

Matthew 1:18
The birth of Jesus Christ came about this way: After His mother Mary had been engaged to Joseph, it was discovered before they came together that she was pregnant by the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered these things, an angel of the Lord suddenly appeared to him in a dream, saying, "Joseph, son of David, don't be afraid to take Mary as your wife, because what has been conceived in her is by the Holy Spirit.

Moses and Aaron was a part of more then one miracle. One being when Aaron was told to throw down his staff and that it would turn into a serpent. Also when the Lord parted the dead sea so those running from the Egyptians could get across safely to the other side. Those are just two miracles involving Moses and Aaron.

Exodus 7:8, 9
The LORD said to Moses and Aaron, 9 "When Pharaoh tells you: Perform a miracle, tell Aaron: Take your staff and throw it down before Pharaoh. It will become a serpent."

There are so many miracles in the Bible that I can’t possibly list them all here. I just want to point out a few to give everyone an idea on how some thing’s that we don’t think could be a miracle are in fact miracles in some way. Whether they are big or small. In the book of Daniel there is one miracle that I would like to talk about. When Daniel gets thrown into the lion’s den with hungry lion’s and lives to walk out of the den the next morning is a miracle. How could it not be? Daniel walked out of that den without a scratch on him. Father was looking out for his faithful servant.

Daniel 6:17, 18
17 A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den. The king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the signet rings of his nobles, so that nothing in regard to Daniel could be changed. 18 Then the king went to his palace and spent the night fasting. No diversions were brought to him, and he could not sleep.

Daniel 6:19-24
At the first light of dawn the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. 20 When he reached the den, he cried out in anguish to Daniel. "Daniel, servant of the living God," the king said, "has your God whom you serve continually been able to rescue you from the lions?" 21 Then Daniel spoke with the king: "May the king live forever. 22 My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths. They haven't hurt me, for I was found innocent before Him. Also, I have not committed a crime against you my king." 23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to take Daniel out of the den. So Daniel was taken out of the den, uninjured, for he trusted in his God. 24 The king then gave the command, and those men who had maliciously accused Daniel were brought and thrown into the lions' den—they, their children, and their wives. They had not reached the bottom of the den before the lions overpowered them and crushed all their bones.

Now I will tell you about a miracle that happened in my family almost 9 years ago. The first major one is my daughter. When she was 11 months old she got very sick. She had a disease called Kawasaki’s. We were living in Central America at the time and had no family there with us to help us through this bad time. After we got her to the hospital the doctors told me that she more then likely would have slipped into a coma that night and died in her sleep. This really scared me. We still didn’t know what was wrong with her besides that she had a really high fever and a rash all over her body. This disease she had causes all kinds of complications through out the whole body. She wasn’t the only baby that was there and sick with it. The doctors told me that a few of them were very sick with heart problems, blind, deaf among many other things. We spent at least three weeks the first time in the hospital. Father performed a miracle in helping the doctors figure out what it was the day after she was in the hospital. Father really blessed us because my daughter walked away with only a slight heart problem. She had to take aspirin for many years. She is now almost 10 years old and very healthy. I know that a lot of people won’t look at that being a miracle but I know in my heart that is exactly what it is. How many of you have ever experienced a miracle?

[edit on 21-12-2007 by johannamoria]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well isnt this something, some faith. Thats a wonderful story Johan and yes it is incredible what God can do like making Mary pregnant as a virgin.

We are floating on a little ball in the middle of nowhere, we kind of lose sight of the reality of God in the midst of all the cell phone con versations.. or affaris of life.

Ive also seen some things. My Aunt being cured of a cancer infection from just prayer by a holy preist. She had her all the arrangments for her funeral ready but was cured by this presit who is like a hidden underground faithful soul who has been known to be granted miracles by God.

Ive seen many more, and im sure you and your family has as well. What people get lost about is that God watches every second. Every thought of the heart, everything, I know this from experience and getting what ive asked for in a matter of seconds from mental prayer.

Now antchrist will try and mock Christ miracles, and im making a post about this later, and it will be from a false source just to suck the world in. Like mind reading ect... they already do this today, even on tv, but its because Satan has this ability if im not mistaken.

We are headed for the most crazy wonders on earth and the age of false miracles, or wonders that appear to be miracles like many saints say antichrist will pretend to make the dead rise again.

But it will just be a possesion by demons of dead bodies, and after its over they dont live any longer but its just to decieve.

But yea, if you have an inkling of faith, then you will see him work.

God bless you, have good christimas.

peace.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

God bless you, have good christimas.

peace.

God bless you as well and I hope you have a wonder Christmas.

join