It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need A Tea Party!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
We have a serious problem here in the United States. For quite some time now, our government has been placing the needs of Big Business and money over the needs of the people. I'm a small business owner, and have been for many years, so I understand that business is important to the economy of the country. However, the needs of the people must be first and foremost in the governing process in order for a republic to work.

Why did we start our revolution to break off from the British Empire? Taxation without representation. What has been happening here in this country for the last generation or so? Taxation without representation. Our leaders sit on their gloden thrones receiving their many perks (free health care, houses, trips and gifts from big business, ect...).

I'm not advocating another revolution, but we have to do something. I have a proposition. Big business is making all the decisions in this country, so why don't we show THEM that we are displeased. There are over 100,000 members on ATS, and if we get together to decide to boycott a certain corporation, and tell our friends to do the same, that's a lot of money bleeding out of the pockets of whatever business we decide to target.

Like I said earlier, I fully believe in the free market system (being a small business owner), and think we can let the free market speak for us. The only decision that needs to be made is what companies and when. I fully expect to be blasted by some people here, but I'm sure there are others here that feel this way, and we CAN make a difference!

join