It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on Iran off the table? No Way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Speaking on December 12 in an interview with U.S. magazine Time, Putin said it is theoretically possible that the report was published to "divert Iran's attention from preparations for military action," which would be a "grave mistake."

The report contradicted a previous U.S. intelligence assessment in 2005 which said that Iran was actively working to build a nuclear bomb.

After the findings were published, President Bush remained hawkish, saying: "Iran is dangerous and Iran will be dangerous if they have the know-how to make a nuclear weapon."

Source

Israeli intelligence officials are in the U.S. trying to convince the Bush administration that Iran is still trying to develop nuclear weapons — contrary to the findings of a recent U.S. intelligence report, security officials said.

US says Iran still sending weapons to Iraq

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's public security minister warned Saturday that a U.S. intelligence report that said Iran is no longer developing nuclear arms could lead to a regional war that would threaten the Jewish state.

Source

It's obvious that Israel wants a war badly. Regardless of the motives and evidence, they are not going to leave Iran alone. US intelligence clearly indicates that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program years ago.

However, like Putin says, it might be a tric to distract Iran and the world's attention of a possible attack. Even here on ATS we don't discuss the subject as much as we used to a couple of weeks ago.

To me its clear that something is going on. What? I don't know, but intelligence reports from 2005 stated Iran was developing nuclear weapons while intelligence services now state they stopped in 2003. Either in 2005 or now intelligence reports provided wrong data.

I'd find it interesting if we could find some news report from the last months before the invasion of Iraq. I remember that military strikes had been successfully carried out and hidden from the media in the months they happened before the invasion itself.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   
It's possible it's all a "ruse" and the U.S. is still hell bent on military action against Iran. My personal opinion is that the 2005 report was "imbelished" to make a case for war against Iran much like the famous NIE's that led to the invasion of Iraq. I think maybe, "just maybe" they might have learned a lesson from Iraq. You can usually get away with lying once, trying it twice is a little too risky.

The truth might have actually come out for a change. Bush&Co have pissed the Russians off big time and they still have a great intelligence service. Try and lie to the American people again and the Russians could slit their throats with the truth. Food for thought

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I hope the Russians do lay the cards on the table in regards to 911 and Iraq.
I would be interesting to see bush and dick squirm in their chair trying to debunk the 'evidence' putin displays on mainstream media.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Former US Intelligence official: Israel will attack Iran

Bruce Riedel, a former career CIA official and senior adviser to three US presidents, including Bush, tells Newsweek he came back from trip to Israel in November convinced that Jewish state would attack Iran. 'Israel is not going to allow its nuclear monopoly to be threatened,' he says

The magazine quoted Knesset Member Ephraim Sneh, a former deputy defense minister who has "warned for years that Israel would eventually have to confront Iran alone," as saying that "today we are closer to this situation than we were three weeks ago ... we have to be prepared to forestall this threat on our own."

David Albright of the Institute for Science and International Security in Washington told Newsweek that Israel was likely encouraged by the non-reaction to their September air strike on a reported Syrian nuclear facility, "which may have been a test run for Iran, or at least a warning directed at Tehran".

"Israel has gotten away with it in a sense," Albright was quoted as saying. He suggested that any Israeli pre-emptive action might not be a "traditional strike" but could involve more "sabotage of equipment".
Source

Maverick Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul says the leaders of Israel are impelling the White House to wage war on Iran.

“The government of Israel encourages Ameri on Israel is like saying, “Iran is about to invade Mars.”

The 72-year-old politician made the remarks as Israeli officials are stepping up their war rhetoric against Tehran, over its nuclear program despite the recent reports confirming the peaceful nature of the country’s activities.

Ron Paul also made it clear that he would cut the ‘billions of dollars’ in annual aid Washington provides for Israel if elected President.

Source

May god protect Ron Paul. If Paul becomes a serious candidate for presidency, certain organizations might take action to prevent him from becoming so.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by Mdv2]

top topics

join