It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changed my mouse to the other side ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:10 AM
link   
ok 2 MVAs and now my neck gives me issues.

*&^%$

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   
My lawyer did. He was getting wrist injury. The left hand mouse thing lasted him about a week, tops.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I do it all the time. No problem whatsoever. Unless I want to play some hardcore game, then I'll have to switch hand.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Growing up, my computer mouse was placed on the left side of the keyboard. My mom did that because of aesthetic reasons -- it fit the furniture scheme. As I grew older and started to play LAN games at cyber cafes, I learnt to control the mouse with precision using my right hand instead.

So now I'm mouse ambidextrous as well, and regularly swap the side the mouse is on if one hand gets tired. I'm pretty accurate with the mouse using both hands (good enough for FPS games).

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any software out there that will allow me to use two mice to control two separate cursors? That would be pretty sweet for certain things (photoshopping for example).

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

I'm sure you'll get used to it. Girls multitask better than men. You're a girl, right?

reply to post by Beachcoma

For FPS only in medium setting not for hard setting.

ps: Tell your mom she is weird.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Cool! And I thought I was the only right-handed person using the mouse with my left hand. The primary reason for this 'mouse switch' is because my job was data entry (10-key) AND the mouse was on the right side as well. That made my working right hand more tired at night while in front of the computer.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
uhmmn, you guys might think I'm a bit weird but I tried it after reading up on this thread a couple of hours ago and so far I'm not having any problems using my mouse with my left hand. Well, at least not yet.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Changing the way we do routine daily tasks is very good. It creates new neural paths in our brain.

This is supposed to help ward off poor memory as is doing cross word puzzles.

I have a friend who is left handed and always calls me to fix her computer when it has a problem. And it has problems a lot as it still has windows 95 on it.

She has a left handed mouse that is a challenge.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well its been over a week and I am adjusting ok. I do find myself reaching to use the mouse with my right hand at times. lol

I am getting faster too with my coordination!!

I have also heard that doing things such as this stimulates the brain so that is good... the only thing stimulating my brain lately is alcohol

new topics

top topics

join