It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great space imagery link!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This evening I stumbled upon this website,which I thought I should share with any budding astronomers interested in our night sky.

www.siriusstargazers.com...

All images below are reproduced from: "Atlas Image obtained as part of the Two Micron All Sky Survey, a joint project of the University of Massachusetts and the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center/California Institute of Technology, funded by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and the National Science Foundation."

I really liked this one,the amount of activity in just that one tiny wedge of sky...Beyond amazing IMHO:

[Watch out if you click on the image to get the bigger one-its quite hefty,12 meg or so..
)
www.ipac.caltech.edu...

I got this page bookmarked,and I recommend it to anyone interested in this kind of thing.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Very nice link

Nothing like being reminded how small we are - makes me smile

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Awesome link. Definitely will bookmark this site. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Nice one people!

It really is a corker,all those messier's available to anyone with an internet connection.
This is an awesome resource of the internet,and something which only dedicated experts could see 20 years ago.
Now we can ALL learn about and enjoy incredible phenomena beyond our own garage/shed telescopes reaches.
Long may this availability of information continue.

Recommended viewing for all!!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Another beauty:

The best ones are the big pictures though,they may take a while to load for some but worth the wait.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Silcone Synapse]

new topics

top topics

join