It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantasy Football Support Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This is a call to all of my Fantasy brethren who are on suicide watch during these fantasy weeks. We can give each other support, and lend a shoulder to cry on during hard times.

Here's my story:

I'm in two leagues. One is with all my drinking buddies. One is a family league started by my nephews.

1. In my "buddies" league I started uber-stud Joseph Addai alongside the red-hot Rudi Johnson against a suspect 9ers D. Those two sure things tallied FIVE points, I posted my second-lowest total of the season and was bounced from the playoffs in the first round.

2. In my family league, I was ousted from the playoffs this weekend by a team that started Aaron Stecker. Aaron Stecker. No...seriously...AARON STECKER. The coaches of that team? My sisters. My sisters. No...seriously...MY SISTERS.

What has happened to you? I know there's got to be a few Brady and Romo fans that need to vent.

I just know that there is a Westbrook owner out there that lost by 3 yesterday because Westy laid down on the one.

If you need to vent...this is your forum.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I got two teams as well. Both public leagues on Yahoo.

I made the playoffs with both.

One team I finished 9-5 and in second place.

I'm in a 96-96 tie with someone in the first round of my playoffs. He's got Adrian Peterson (THE Adrian Peterson) going tonight, and I've got nobody.

Translation: I lost. On to the third place game for me.

My other team finished 8-5-1 and in fourth place, snatching up that last spot in Week 14, the last week of the regular season. The thing about this team, though, is that it's made up of all Packers and Texans, because they're my two favorite teams.

Despite that - I took out the number one guy 87-64

So I'm off to the championship in the league I didn't even think I'd make the playoffs in, and off to the 3rd place game in the league I thought I had a shot at winning it all.

Go figure

So yeah, I'm pretty upset about my other league, though. Antonio Gates got me about as many points as I could have out on the field - none. Had he - you know - done something, I may have had a chance.

[edit on 12/17/07 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In the D league for the Redditch Arrows (UK American football team) and have not made it to the play-offs.

Had a poor start and made some now suspect draft choices.

join