It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress approves $216bn war funding

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Congress approves $216bn war funding

www.news.com.au

THE Democratic-led US Congress authorised more Iraq war spending today, sending President George W Bush a defence Bill requiring no change in strategy after failing again to impose a timetable for troop withdrawals.

The defence policy Bill, approved 90-3 by the US Senate, also expanded the size of the army and set conditions on the Bush administration's plan to build a missile defence system in Europe.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
How much more money can be thrown at this???

While its not surprising, I just can't help saying, money isn't going to find a solution or resolve any conflict.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit: poor spelling.

[edit on 14-12-2007 by one_small_step]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
This is unfortunate to see.

I'm all for sending supplies to the troops and even equipment. People need to eat and defend themselves.

But field R & D is the only thing that I can imagine that would justify this amount of spending....not to mention obligatory contracts for people already in possession of large sums of money; the private contractors out in the field cost more than a military soldier

But what do I know?

A war based on lies that just keeps on costing the American taxpayer a mint. You know, I'm 28 and I'm thinking that there won't be much of a Social Security left. Or even a decent health plan that will cover the rest of my fellow citizens. Hell, I don't even think there will be a pyramid (the Luxor doesn't count
)

But at least this 6 year, trillion-plus dollar war has resulted in the capture of the man responsible for 9/11....or...umm...

*Heavy Sigh*

[edit on 14-12-2007 by MemoryShock]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm no expert on war funding nor am I knowledgeable in American affairs, but this amount of spending seems insane when you consider Katrina victims are still 2+ years on are without housing etc... Is it unreasonable to suggest - fix your own backyard first???

What is wrong with govts and the people that elect them to power??

I might be simplistic in my views, but reality is reality.

For the record, I truly don't believe the world is any safer today, only more expensive and more paranoid.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think congress have approved over 900$bln in war funding, that's just another additional spending and counting.

All this money could've been used to solve the country's problems and such, instead of a probably useless war(s).

[edit on 15-12-2007 by TheoOne]

top topics

join