It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pats vs Jets: Mother Nature may be the great equalizer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The Jets are coming to Foxboro on Sunday. The line has been an absurd 27 points.

But the weather is going to be nasty. A nor'easter is scheduled to roll into the region on Sunday morning, with wind gusts to exceed 50mph and snowfall from 6 - 12 inches.

This will be a low scoring affair, I'm afraid. And the lack of a running game may catch up with the Pats.

JbT

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
So this is what it has come down too... Mother Nature is the 07 Pat's only true match.

If this all plays out as forcasted..... Im still banking on 2-3 touchdowns from Moss in my Fanasty leagues no matter the weather.

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JbT
Mother Nature is the 07 Pat's only true match.

I'm not sure any team, not even the all mighty Patriots, can match up to that.

I actually just got done talking to my dad about this. I basically said the same thing you said jsobecky, that the weather will level the playing field. I too think that point spread is ridiculous. I think it's ridiculous without the weather, but with it - even more.

I'm not saying the Jets will win, but I don't think anyone should expect (still could happen, but don't expect it) a blowout. The weather is too huge of a factor in a game. Even the best teams can't get by it.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Just look what the weather di dto the Miami-Pittsburgh game. 3 points total scored.

They're currently clearing the field in Foxborough. They may see a change to sleet and rain very soon. Only 2 /12 hrs till kickoff.

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Ice, water, and snow - none of them are good for field conditions.

I'm sure New England will still find a way to win, but I don't think there's any way they cover that spread.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
And you were right!

I never gamble, but betting the under on that game was close to a sure thing in my mind.

new topics

top topics

join