It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Republican Rapists...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

A Houston, Texas woman says she was gang-raped by Halliburton/KBR coworkers in Baghdad, and the company and the U.S. government are covering up the incident.

Victim: Gang Rape Cover-Up by U.S., Halliburton/KBR Jamie Leigh Jones, now 22, says that after she was raped by multiple men at a KBR camp in the Green Zone, the company put her under guard in a shipping container with a bed and warned her that if she left Iraq for medical treatment, she'd be out of a job.

"Don't plan on working back in Iraq. There won't be a position here, and there won't be a position in Houston," Jones says she was told.

In a lawsuit filed in federal court against Halliburton and its then-subsidiary KBR, Jones says she was held in the shipping container for at least 24 hours without food or water by KBR, which posted armed security guards outside her door, who would not let her leave.

"It felt like prison," says Jones, who told her story to ABC News as part of an upcoming "20/20" investigation. "I was upset; I was curled up in a ball on the bed; I just could not believe what had happened."

themoderatevoice.com...
www.digg.com...
www.alternet.org...
www.truthdig.com...

Anyways, when raped, she was detained and kept in a shipping container and told if she told anyone she'd lose her job. She got a cell, called her dad, who called local congressman Poe. He made calls, and was ignored. The justice department covered up and protected KBR and Halliburton. Poe was infuriated that the GOP declared these rapists immune and protected them. It wasn't until the Democrats took control that he could get anything done. Sad a republican has to wait for the Dems to have control before he could get anything done.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Oh My God. Nothing? A woman is gangraped by Halliburton employees, the GOP comes in and covers it up. She is imprisoned and told if she tells anyone she will be fired. And no response?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Nothing because your thread is nothing but sensationalism, beginning with the title.

More Republican Rapists. I suppose you have data that proves the rapists were Republican?

Bias and ignorance. Pffft.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Did you not read the part where it said the representitive tried to get stuff done but the GOP covered it up? It wasn't until the Democrats came into power that anything was done. That the GOP protected and covered up for their fellow rapists but since they lost power in 2006 to the Democrats they couldn't cover it up anymore.

[SNIP] Geesh, we really need some conservatives to come back into office since the GOP hasn't had any in decades...

---------------------------------------
Mod edit for personal attack

[edit on 17/12/07 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Employees are a reflection of the company, at least according to most companies I've seen. Who employs these guys? Halliburton and KBR. Who employs Halliburton and KBR?

We already know that the Bush administration has given blanket legal immunity to the employees of companies such as Halliburton, KBR, and Blackwater in Iraq. The reasons why confound me, but this would have been a damn fine opportunity for the contractors of these companies to drop that immunity, if only because we're talking about an attack on another Americna citizen.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry... Geesh. Woman is gang raped and the GOP covers it up and yet I'm the bad guy here not the people who defend the rapists. Sad a Congressman has to rely on the oppossing party to get anything done.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Rep. Poe: KBR Gang Rape Was Not ‘An Isolated Case Of Sexual Assault’
thinkprogress.org...

Halliburton/KBR Gang-Rape Cover-Up Makes Waves
wizbangblog.com...

Gang-Rape Victim Accuses Halliburton/KBR of Cover-Up
www.truthdig.com...

Yep, she wasn't the only one Gang Raped by KBR and Halliburton employees who were then protected and covered by the GOP.

I know JSO, they're republicans, they can do anything they want...

new topics

top topics

join