It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK, I understand why now, please close this thread :)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I have now seen three threads, one that I posted to yesterday that questioned some politicians' stance on pot, but was really discussing a potential conspiracy behind the government's position on it got moved into "about politics" and now is dead.

Just now, I saw two threads started hours ago discussing the laws about pot with a moderator named "Sanctum" closing those threads with the excuse that they are discussing illegal activities. First of all, pot is legal for medical use in many states in the US, and certainly legal in some other countries. Second of all most of what is discussed here relates to people's opinion on law or how law is changing. While a poster can jump on and talk about using drugs themselves or promoting the use of drugs (which I believe would violate T&C), that could happen on any thread. These discussions seemed to focus on policy questions.One of the closed threads was even started by a moderator and in neither case did I see what I would think of as illegal discussions.

I thought this was a place where people could express their opinions openly. Now it seems that there are some pretty hard core speech controls that have nothing to do with the quality of material on this site. Opinions?

OK, I now understand that for business reasons, it is easier to clamp down on these threads. Too bad. Feel free to close this thread.

[edit on 12-12-2007 by lifestudent]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Its all in the T&C mate. I know it does not seem fair, but if you read the T&C you'll see they have a good reason for doing it. Peace for now buddy.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:05 AM
link   
There are certian rules we have to follow to use this site. Unfortunatley the moderators frown on talking about drugs. I have had some of my own threads shut down for the same reason. I think if you post it in belowtopsecret you might have a better chance.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Im from the netherlands so I can talk about it since its legal here

just read this link

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Here is a thread explaining why directly.

Please read it through carefully.

thread closed

[edit on 12/12/07 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

join