It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Meteor Shower of 2007 Peaks Dec. 13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Best Meteor Shower of 2007 Peaks Dec. 13

news.yahoo.com

What could be the best meteor display of the year will reach its peak on the night of Dec.13-14.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Looks like it is going to be quite a show for you people that are on the west coast. I cant wait!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the reminder. I always find out about these showers after they've passed. In the UK the peak is 14th Dec at 4.45pm but best viewing is after the moon goes down and should be good for hours, well into the night anyways. Anyone planning on taking photos?? I'm gonna give it a go.

posted on Dec, 11 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I tend to forget about them as well, should be a great show. I am closer to the east cost (US) and the forecast for me is clouds, clouds and more clouds on the 13th & 14th. I may miss the peak show, but I hope to catch some of it.

Hope you get some good pics!

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Hopefully the weather will be good here. Still getting used to all the bits on my camera. I'm assuming I need big apperture and long exposure?????

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
AWESOME! I'm in Alaska and I reeeeealy hope we have clear skies tonight...but at 12:45pm....we are completely overcast and snowy.

*edit for spelling

[edit on 13-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well, it turned out too frosty here to have a proper skywatch for meteors. There was a misty haze everywhere so I saw none.I was watching the weather earlier on TV and hoped the man would mention to watch out for the meteor shower (as it's supposed to be the best one of this year) but he didn't. Also, I've just been to the BBC news site on the science/nature page and no mention there either. Is it just me who finds this strange? Could it be that someone doesn't want thousands of folk watching the night skies?

posted on Dec, 15 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
It was beautiful here in TN the night of the 13th/14th. We got to see many bright meteors flash through the sky during the hour or so we were watching. It was spectacular! I've never seen anything like it! Some of them were very bright and seemed to last a moment.

Thanks, Guzzeppi, for posting the reminder, otherwise we would have missed it!

Keeb

posted on Dec, 16 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by keeb333

My pleasure. Glad you were able to see the show. We have had nothing here but snow and clouds.

Guz

join