It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did primates come from us??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I was thinking, using the idea that maybe humans came from afar, is it possible that monkeys and primates are genetic offsprings of us? or at least an attempt to further ourselves geneticly?? Apes and humans have almost the same DNA, we just have a few more strands. Is it me, but I just can't see DNA strands disappearing, maybe becomming dormant, but disappearing?? I can only see, through evolution, that DNA is added, not removed.

With that being said, what is you opinion on the thought that WE created the primates by removing DNA, purposely or accidentally.

Your thoughs??

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by menjo2000
I was thinking, using the idea that maybe humans came from afar, is it possible that monkeys and primates are genetic offsprings of us? or at least an attempt to further ourselves geneticly?? Apes and humans have almost the same DNA, we just have a few more strands. Is it me, but I just can't see DNA strands disappearing, maybe becomming dormant, but disappearing?? I can only see, through evolution, that DNA is added, not removed.

With that being said, what is you opinion on the thought that WE created the primates by removing DNA, purposely or accidentally.

Your thoughs??

humans and modern primates share a common ancestor, we are not directly related to them, nor did any of the early species along the homo sp. line develop into modern primates.

there are numerous fossils of extinct species of primates that lead to modern day primates that share the same period of time but are separate from our own linage.

we didnt remove any dna, in fact chimps have 24 chromosomes and humans have 23. The difference in number comes from the fusing of two chromosomes together in humans.

As a further example, the common fruit fly has only 4 chromosomes while yeast cells have 16. The complexity of an organism isnt dependant upon the number of chromosomes.

Peoples gross misunderstanding of both how evolution and genetics works is mind boggling sometimes.

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You know, monkeys were created first. They were the first sort of human prototypes made by our creators who were too scared to make an exact replica of themselves.

As they became more adventurous, the created the various human prototypes that our scientist believe are our "ancestors"...eg. homo erectus, neanderthal man etc.

Eventually they created us humans in their own image after their own likeness.

We probably do share a common ancestor - but this would only be a common genetic sequence/code. We weren't birthed from this race of humanoids....our creators most likely took some of the genetic work they'd done on monkeys and tweaked it to make us.

-Josh
www.rael.org

posted on Dec, 10 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reading the heading, I thought of my father, who lived through the Scopes Trial. One of his favorite sayings was "I'll be a monkey's uncle!" I think the OP has taken that too new depths.

As a side note: People are often saying that humans are so unique, and that life probably doesn't exist elsewhere in the universe. Yet here on this one ball of mud, intelligent life has came about more than once, Neanderthal and Cro Magnon, and near intelligent life more often than that.

The fact that so many modern humans confuse this issue just proves that intelligent life is still a work in progress.

top topics

join