It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

salvia divinorum to become a scheduled drug in the US in Jan 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:07 PM
link   
since it's not a "drug" yet.. I figured it was ok to post. Salvia Divinorum, also known as the "Diviner's Sage" will be illegal in the state of Illinois as of Jan 2008. This means almost all the major online retailers of salvia will stop selling after the new year.

If any of you are familiar, or even interested in salvia, I suggest finding and ordering some now, before it's extremely hard to get ahold of.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Isn't it an hallucinagenic???

Kind of like peyote?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
well it's not really "like" anything else. The closest would be '___'.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
i thought it was already illegal in a couple states...new york pops in to mind for some reason...

meh, it can still be gotten.

i just threw some away not that long ago.....to bizzare for me

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Salvia became illegal in North Dakota this year. Minnesota still can sell it

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
yes, i believe the first state to make salvia illegal was new jersey, after this happened:

abclocal.go.com...

Not sure exactly why the ban in Illinois is causing such a ruckus (maybe it's not), but many of my trusted shops are closing up next week (well, not closing, but not offering salvia anymore).

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

You know I dont even know why thet are making it illegal. I may be wrong, but is it not sposed to be used aromaticly? Sure you can smoke it but the unless it the extract its only realy relaxing and used for meditation, again I could be wrong.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

you are VERY wrong...

you do not smoke the extract to relax...
you smoke it and then you trip balls for 5 minutes...

go to youtube and type in salvia trip and you'll see all kinds of vids...

if it mellowed me out, i would not have thrown it away.

i don't support the fact that they are starting to make it illegal as i don't think we need more laws, but, salvia is NO JOKE.
i will NEVER do that again...not ever....

it totally wrecks you for like 5 minutes, then it's over and it's like it never happened.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

understandable you had an unpleasant experience, but I don't use it to "trip out for 5 minutes." That type of mindset could be part of the reason you find it so unpleasant. You are correct though, it's no joke.

p.s. anyone uploading a video of them smoking salvia to youtube is a perfect example of how to NOT use it.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Wow look at were my lack of grammer gets me, looking like a fool. This is how that was sposed to read : unless it the extract, its only realy relaxing and used for meditation. So the extract is for "trippin" and the normal leaf of the salvia is ment for realxing. Sorry for this misunderstanding!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by scientist

whats the proper way? when done the proper way, what type of effects do you get?

i am not being a sarcastic prick or anything.....i really want to know...

if you do get a light ole warm and fuzzy feeling or get relaxed, i would very much like to know....

thanks...

hey scientist, i am going to be going to the haberdashery shop either friday or saturday...i will bring my digi cam and if i see any of those monkey things, i will take a pic and get a price for ya.....
the guy barters and all that and has a ton of stuff.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   

well, i guess that depends on what your definition of "proper" is. The traditional method is to grab a few leaves, roll them up, chew and store in your cheeks / under the tongue. That's apparently how you get the relaxing effects, but I can't stand the taste, and I've never felt these effects.

Now using the extract will probably never result in a relaxing feeling. Warm would be an understatement. One of the common side effects is heavy sweating and feeling extremely hot.

Now, my version of "proper" would be a dark, quiet setting with some light music or silence, and no possibility of interruptions. Once you feel the effects of the extract come on, take one more hit, lay back, close your eyes and enjoy the ride.

Salvia is also known for "inverse tolerance" which means the more you do it, the less it takes each time, and the quicker it is to "breakthrough." A breakthrough is the difference between feeling awkward, and complete ego loss.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I was never too big on Diviners Sage but I think its sad that it will be outlawed. I guess too many young kids got ahold of it for the wrong reasons.

Its too bad there seems to be no real conciousness expansion these days, just people looking for a cheap high.

Sorry to hear your losing one more sacred plant down there, but Canada is still nice and liberal

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
even though the extract rocks you, i don't think it should be illegal.
no good can come of that. only thing that will happen is people are gonna get popped for one more thing they shouldn't have...

scientist is right though. if you're gonna get it, get it now....

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Its not like it has any lasting effects, and i dont think you could find your keys, let alone drive while on the stuff.

Like you said, this is just going to add one more thing to the list of arrestable offences, and I doubt its going to do any good.

join