It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Video Tour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In May of 2007 I took a vacation to Yellowstone National Park. It was an amazing experience. You can honestly spend a week there and not get bored. I wish I could have stayed longer. Video alone doesn't do the park justice. The size is incredible and the smells are quite different. There are places you go that it doesn't take much imagination to realize you are in the middle of a large volcano. Norris Geyser Basin was such a place. You really had the feel you were in the middle of a rather nasty spot. The raw power is everywhere.

Honestly if you haven't been there you really must go once. It is well worth the time and money. For those of you that haven't experienced Yellowstone yet I have put together a 25 minute video that gives you the sights and sounds of the park. I hope you find it interesting.

Yellowstone Video Tour

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Yellowstone is such an incredible place.
As a child our parents took us there to camp several times and you're so right about feeling the raw power of nature while in the park.

The wildlife alone is worth the trip, but being able to sit beside a bubbling pool of hot mud and smell the sulfur and gases percolating to the surface is amazing.

It's a trip I would recommend to anyone that gets the chance.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This place is honestly a true family vacation spot. If you do go be prepared to do some serious walking. I did give up and not make the hike up the trails to Mammoth Hot Springs. That was the last stop on the trip and I was exhausted. It was far too much up hill hiking at that point.

It really is incredible how big that place is. It is hard to imagine at one point that entire place was erupting. I think I was in the northwest corner of the park when I came around some huge cliffs of volcanic rock. I am not speaking of the Obsidian Cliffs but another type of rock. It looked like layers of magma had hardened. There were rocks laying around that were the size of small houses. You can clearly see by looking around that the amount of magma that was released was enormous.

new topics

join