It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

244 people killed in Muslim tradition involving throwing stones on a pillar symbolising Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This story is maybe a little old, but here we go:

Muslim throw stones at pillars representing the 'devil' during the last stage of the annual hajj pilgrimage in the Mina valley, just outside the Saudi holy city of Mecca. Hajj Minister Iyad Madani confirmed that 244 people were trampled to death during the stoning ritual.(AFP/Awad Awad)

Source: news.yahoo.com...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
pure genius. how can someone get killed, let alone 244?

i've survived worse mosh pits. they should take a lesson from the metal scene here.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunkleskates
pure genius. how can someone get killed, let alone 244?
i've survived worse mosh pits. they should take a lesson from the metal scene here.

Well when you have at least a million people all cramping to go to the center of the place and through STONES on it, couple of stones miss, which ends up on people's heads and everyone pushes to get to the center.

I was excepting a much larger number, when will all this religious madness end.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just have one word: Wow! Strange, kind of fascinating somehow. The pilgrimversion of suicide attackers. How their hate towards their enemy is infact invoking this enemy within themselves and things like this happen. Love your enemies. Much smarter.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hamilton...I just have to say one thing. I've been listening to your wisdon now for about a month. I have to say...you ROCK DUDE!!!!

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
244 less Muslims in the world. I'm going to start religion called Earthlingism.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Err... start a religion

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Guys please don't make fun of this situation, 244 souls were killed by people without conscience.

How sad that they could be (praying) against satan instead of rioting and throwing stones on a (stone), how sad that satan created an eventmllie that to take more souls. man if they would only pray instead of riot and murder God would reveal himself to them. I guess I myself have more praying to do so this will end some day.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I wonder how many of those people thought they were throwing the stone at George Bushes head?

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Silly Humans....

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth
Guys please don't make fun of this situation, 244 souls were killed by people without conscience.

I'm not making fun of this at all. I just say that these things are stupid no matter who does it. If they are Christians, Jews or Muslims, gentiles or hethen, it makes no difference. To start a fight with your mightiest enemy just for the hell of it? Get real! Whether you call God Allah, God or Elohim YHWH, he would not approve. It's plain stupidity. You don't throw stones on an angel, no matter how much you hate him. When Arch Michael faught Satan over the body of Mosche, he didn't lift a finger, he simply said "May God remember this and punish you the day you go down!"

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

How sad that they could be (praying) against satan instead of rioting and throwing stones on a (stone), how sad that satan created an eventmllie that to take more souls. man if they would only pray instead of riot and murder God would reveal himself to them. I guess I myself have more praying to do so this will end some day.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Spitting cobra, why am i not suprised?

Hamilton, yes it is an act of stupidity, although I hate calling people stupid, I just think there were sincere souls there
who actually thought they were doing the right thing and were trapped in thiscrowd with the knuckleheads.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 6 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Spitting cobra, why am i not suprised?

Hamilton, yes it is an act of stupidity, although I hate calling people stupid, I just think there were sincere souls there
who actually thought they were doing the right thing and were trapped in thiscrowd with the knuckleheads.

Peace.

We are all subject to stupidity, especially when we are in such environments as a mocking mob. And when the subject for the mocking is even a pillar symbolising the Enemy of Man, an angelic entity, it just becomes somewhat more absurd. They fight what they don't understand. I'm not saying I am smarter than any of the dead or surviving ones in this thing, if I had been brought up somewhere else, I could just as well have been among them. Throwing small rocks at a big rock just doesn't swing the bell I think.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

join