It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beast of LBL

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I grew up in Western Kentucky and have visited Land Between the Lakes many times throughout my lifetime.

My family has been around that area for generations and I have never heard of the Beast of LBL.

What is a more interesting topic in that area though is the daily activity of a small inbred town called Cadiz, KY. My gradfather told me a story about the interrelated families and the incest. Very nasty stuff!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
why is everyone throwing around the term werwolf for this creature? isn't it possible that maybe it's th enext step in evolution for wolves or some mutant wolf? it seems to me that if the creature really was a werewolf that it would be alot smarter. maybe the creature didn't attack because it was unsure of what this guy and his friend were capable of or maybe it didn't attack because it's not in it's nature to attack without being provoked. I've never had any encounters with unknown beasts of any sorta so I can't say for sure, this is just a crack at offering an explanation as to why it didn't attack. heck for all we know it could be related to bigfoot.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I kinda believe the kid's story. My family has passed down wolf magic for generations. Lycans are not really morphed. They are either cloaked by ether like a garment, this makes them appear like wolves. The second type is through etheric projection. This means they manifest a Lycan out of spirit energies. You can the summoner by breaking the spirit energy. So any weapon will do just make sure to hit for vitals.

Lycans (People using etheric energies to form a wolf) who use the garment type Do Not have super speed, strength, agility, etc. On the other hand they are in a berserker state of mind. This like a guy on PCP.

Lycans who use the projection type have super strength, speed, agility, ect.

This is a small insight into the real world of werewolves.

Also physical morphing is total BS! So anyone that says they can is also full of BS!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The Exiled One

I use to camp at Grays landing,Lost creek and Piney.I am familiar with sightings of strange creatures there.As I have had two myself.Both were at night.The eyes glowed red as fire without any reflected light source upon them.Both times they stood from a crouched position to a height of around 7ft. The smell was like that of a rotting skunk.
I have never heard any other stories,till now.I thought I was seeing things,or was just crazy.Whew what a relief!
Still won't camp at LBL,and probably never will again.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Well well... Never knew my families past was so popular on the internet. Now remember there isn't only one. Wolves are pack animals and they hunt as so. So usually when you spot one you usually don't see the other two in your blind spots....

Now to the topic! This kid is 100% full of grade S BS. I can understand some predatory animals just watching people. But when has a Grizzly Bear ever just stood and watched a person? Wolves and Werewolves run on different brain waves. For one werewolves are people. So they take on the personality of said person. Like me, when I'm in etheric garment form I love to play sadistic chase or sadistic hide and seek. Also the last time I checked my family has been the only ones in that area that practices Wolf Magic. Also for the people that will surely ask. Yes my family has been in the area since it was first settled.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by wolfpriest101

Uhh...Grizzlies are passive at times also... In fact, they're usually passive. As said before, we invoke curiosity into most animals. Now there was a report of brutal murder by this beast. It supposedly entered a trailer house and literally tore the family to shreds. Police were said to have found the father's arm lying seperate from the body with a patch of hair in it's hand. This hair was sent of to a Lab. There were 3 members killed in the trailer house, torn limb from limb, until they found small dresses in packs. They looked around for the missing girl, and after a while, they heard a human scream, which turned into a whimper after a while. They ran to the sound and saw one of the police officers, his face, shirt, and hat, covered with blood. He said he had felt something hit his hat, and when he looked up, he felt the soupy cold blood hit his face. He was terrified or a long time after that ecounter. (yes that was his scream) They looked into the tree and saw a small hand and leg with the sock still on it. The beast supposedly brutally killed the family and ate the little girl.

The DNA samples of the hair were of an unkown species, according to two cops. This story was hidden from the public, because as said before, this place was hot for tourism, and the community thrived on the income.

BTW, I can't remember who mentioned it, I think it was the guy who talked about this story also. Just because some people openly mention the story, doesn't mean that everyone else will. It comes down to personality/sense/intelligence, not because they're human... Most people refrain from going into detail on the story, usually only saying that it was true.

I believe that the story mentioned here is true. If this is actually on cryptozoology, then you can't relate the supposed animal to known animals, I.E. Grizzly bears and what not.

And if you have ever even been to the country, then you should know what rotten flesh smells like. I live in south Georgia, and it'll catch your attention quickly. He said human flesh. So what?? It doesn't smell any different than animals. He may have been trying to get a clearer picture into your head of what happened to him.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
im back (took a leave because of internet trouble) and ive read all of the posts since my leave and one stood out wolfpriest101's post on wolf magic ive read your posts on all the topics you cover and their all about werewolves and how you can project yourself as one you go on to say that your family is actively playing with lycan magic and you use it to mess with people is this a confession?(look at it from my point of view wolfpriest101 claims to be lycan and he lives near me and he also admits to playing sadistic chase or sadistic hide and seek so that isn to far from home.)

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

There was a Monster Quest on werewolves, specifically sightings in Wisconsin. The creatures were described as wolf like, and seven feet tall. Most of the witnesses took lie detector tests and passed them.
I remember camping with my parents at Piney Campground. The couple next door had their pop up tent ripped by a bear looking for food. I was always on the lookout for bears, but never heard of a loup-garou wandering around there.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Guns are banned from LBL so you better not get caught, but if you are planning on doing it then get you a .223 caliber AR-15, i got one and i dont care what it is, if you put a couple rounds in it its gonna freakin die. monster or not

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised at all if you saw a werewolf. They do exist but they are not humans that transform. They are wolf-humanoid hybrids. There are shamans that take on the traits of animals such as wolves. But they don't physically shapeshift.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
excuse me folks but if this allegedly happened then why doesn't anyone call the bfro or some organization to investigate? Tell you what,...if you give me room and boarding,i will come and stay for a week and spend every single night in or near this old slaughterhouse with a video camera and a gun of course.I'm brave not stupid.Hit me back with your answer.E-mail me [email protected]
Peace

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
If this thing you say you saw is real, i would very much like to see it for myself. If you could post a map and dot the place you saw it, that would be a big help.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
You know what I think you saw? You saw a normal wolf that stands upright...if this dog can do it, why would a wolf not be able to? www.alivenotdead.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
If this thing is as big as you say it is, chances are that shooting it will only piss it off. Personally, i don't really believe in werewolves or wolf magic or any of that stuff. In my honest, personal opinion, get a really, really sharp machete and a # load of bear-traps.

If it bleeds, you can kill it.

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
treply to post by The Exiled One

Well said , And I would like to add , that the Jan lady who wrote about the "Beast of LBL" DID have her own personal experience with the beast . Im 20 min away from LBL , and I am mounting a investigation on the subject as soon as I gather the rest of the locations of the sightings. I worked for the McCracken Co. Sheriffs Dept for 4 years in the early 90s , and the story of the family being butchered was common knowledge. If anyone would like to assist in a investigation pls let me know . Serious only apply

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wolfpriest101
Well well... Never knew my families past was so popular on the internet. Now remember there isn't only one. Wolves are pack animals and they hunt as so. So usually when you spot one you usually don't see the other two in your blind spots....

Now to the topic! This kid is 100% full of grade S BS. I can understand some predatory animals just watching people. But when has a Grizzly Bear ever just stood and watched a person? Wolves and Werewolves run on different brain waves. For one werewolves are people. So they take on the personality of said person. Like me, when I'm in etheric garment form I love to play sadistic chase or sadistic hide and seek. Also the last time I checked my family has been the only ones in that area that practices Wolf Magic. Also for the people that will surely ask. Yes my family has been in the area since it was first settled.

Ill make sure to let you know when and where my investigation will be . I see its been awhile since you have been on here , I know dozens of credible ,honest , hard working people whose lives have been changed by things that have went on in LBL . Thats the prob these days , no one buys anything unless they hear it on CNN.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I know this thread is relatively old, but I wanted to offer up my personal opinion based on recent research I have completed. My interest in this area was piqued by Paulides' two books, Missing 411. It turns out that many of the cases involving disappearances of people in this particular area, among other areas, are quite strange. The more I dug up as much information as I could find, the more my hypothesis was solidified.

If you have seen some of my cryptozoological postings you may know that some time ago I had a brief encounter in the SH National Forest in Texas with the animal people call sasquatch or bigfoot. This is my primary area of interest since that day, although I was quite convinced these animals existed before I was able to verify this for myself. The tens of thousands of credible reports that have been collected over the years cannot be caused by anything other than what these witnesses are saying they saw. Some cases, while they very well may be sasquatch-related, do not involved personal sightings. However, many do. So many in fact that it would be more probable that the animal existed than all of these people are experiencing mass hysteria or misidentifying known animals.

It is my firm belief, after having looked into many cases, that the beast of LBL that people describe is none other than sasquatch. The werewolf thread running through some of these reports also crops up in sasquatch reports. I believe that there are a few different reasons for this, but the main one stems from the fact that the witnesses do not get a good look at the animal, and their imagination fills in the blanks. This is much less likely to happen when the person has a good line of sight. Another reason this happens seems to be some type of defense mechanism of sorts, as people really would rather believe there was a werewolf running around in the woods as opposed to something so human like.

The debate over whether sasquatch are human still rages, and the dna results, which do exist, will confirm one way or the other in the near future, but until then, it is my belief that although these animals possess cognitive thinking abilities, they are only smarter than us in their own environment. Take them out of the woods, and although they may be as smart or slightly smarter than Pan Troglodytes, their intelligence will not match that of a human in most areas. The only exception to this will be, of course, areas and skills that these animals utilize much more than humans.

Where sasquatch fit on the evolutionary tree is still unknown to most of us, although those conducting one of the few credible studies that are ongoing at this moment may have an answer, but we will all find out sooner rather than later, and the next few years are going to be huge for the discovery and understanding of these manlike animals. Their similarities and differences to humans and other animals is astounding. For instance, their nose is much more manlike than any other great ape, and matches that of a human except for its size and flatness...what some call a hooded or flared nose. Some speculate this is to allow them advantages in the water, as they have been seen swimming and gathering food from the river-bottoms or lake-bottoms.

I am currently working on a manuscript that contains many new ideas about these creatures, and I base all my speculation on sighting reports, taking care to eliminate most data that has not been corroborated by multiple eyewitness sources. I actually have so much unique information that I am close to just typing it all up, as it is handwritten, and posting it here or on other forums. My initial plan was to create a book from these ideas, but seeing as how I am very impatient, and I do not want to include information that is repeated in every sasquatch-related book out there, I may not take this route. I just do not want my conclusions to be lost in the void. But the one reason I really want to release what I have come up with is because I feel worldwide discovery for these animals is only a short time away.

Once they are proven to exist, the next phase begins. It is in this phase that my ideas and methods will prove the most fruitful. There is also the issue of attempting to market a book like this, which I am not skilled in. I would rather get the information out there free of charge. Anyway, if you have any suggestions, please message me here on ATS, via private message, as I doubt I will check back to this old thread. Just wanted to bring this to ATS, although the idea of the LBL beast being sasquatch has long been hypothesized. I just wanted to say that my personal research has corroborated this idea. I really do not have good reason to believe that there are any other large undiscovered animals in the US besides the sasquatch, and the sasquatch is the reason for the majority of strange animal sightings that exist en masse.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Omg...what a rare thread to stumble into......I am from the LBL area, and so this was very interesting to me, had no clue it was even discussed at all, i thought it was just me, much less on ATS!

As a little girl I visited my grandparents who own property on LBL. I used to play in the woods every time I visited them.

They used to live in a gated off hollow, their house was nestled at the bottom and the ridges came up on all sides of the house, except the front side which faced the lake.

As a little girl one night I got up out of bed to get a drink of water....my grandparents being old, kept the heating on plus kept a fire at night and tucked me in with a gazillion blankets.

So I was hella thirsty. Once up, I heard howling sounds, I went to the back screen door and peered into the darkness....I saw up in the dark, where the ridge sloped down into the hollow, red eyes...more than one pair, two or three...not sure, but definetly more than one....I felt like they were staring right at me, although the house was dark, there were no lights on inside or outside, so I know they couldn't have actually "seen me"...it just felt that way. Naturally, I freaked, thought it was wolves and ran to my grandparents room.

I tried to wake up my grandfather and all I got was something along the lines of "sleep next to grandma if you are afraid, it is nothing but coyotes" out of him.

I did as I was told, but the next morning I again tried to tell both of them my story, and they joked about "little red riding hood, and fairy tales"

But it did not feel like a fairy tale to me, nor did it feel like a bad dream or a child's active imagination.....I swore for years on.....I really did see something on the ridge behind my grandparents house.

Everytime I go back there now to visit my dad who lives there, I think about being so young and how i never understood what I saw.

Finding this thread puts a whole new spin on this.....I will definetly be grateful to other ATSers to contribute to this thread if there is any further information.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Oh, btw: earlier in the thread they alluded to this:

en.wikipedia.org...

It was the kids that hung out in a trailer down the ways from my cousins trailer. I remember seeing those kids and thinking "little satanic goth wannabes" I myself was suffering from a bit of punk rock superiority back in those days

Who could have ever guessed those kids would do the things they did....I saw them, all gothed out in front of a trailer in august of 96 when I went to go visit my cousin, people were murdered by November....still gives me chills thinking my cousin lived near those people. I remember asking my cuz who are those kids? And she laughed and said,"oh, they think they are vampires" and I laughed with her.

Our little corner of hell in lbl is quite curious....who would have ever thought tonight ATS would bring me back to all of this? Long forgotten things...wow.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I live in Louisville a buddy if mine that I used to work with at UPS was from there he has told me about the beast of lbl and he has told me a few other stories about a little leprechaun kinda monster but that's beside the point and probably involved bourbon lol

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join