It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco Trades Guns for Gift Cards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I did a search and didn't see this one posted yet. Title of the article.

San Francisco Trades Guns for Gift Cards
LINK Fox news

This is all fine and dandy that people can turn in their guns for gift cards to help out for Christmas, but another thing that bothers me is that the only people that are probably going to turn their guns over will be the "law abiding citizens." The ones who probably won't use their guns for bad things. You think the criminals will turn them in, ha. If anything would happen in this country that would warrant you having a gun to protect yourself, well, now they won't have there guns but the crooks will. I know that's just one way of looking at it, but it's a possibility.

The cops say that it's to possibly help lower the crime rate. Like a criminal is going to give up their guns. I'll keep mine thanks.
This isn't the first time a project like this has happened and it won't be the last.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Ugh, all of these 'turn in your gun' programs are stupid. It's been statistically shown that disarming the law-abiders usually increases the crime rate.

Being gun-equipped is the equivalent of having a MAD policy, but on the personal, rather than international, level; nobody will draw firearm, because doing so will just get you shot uberfast.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Another "Feel Good" so it MUST work program...I for one just love the PC "Gun Buy Back" programs and I will travel long distance's to go through the line and buy some incredable antique/collectable firearms... As for makeing the Streets safer??? Ya right, the guns being turned in are for the most part POS and unable to fire.

new topics

join