It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London in January, need some advice on what to do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
'm heading to London in January for work and need somewhere to go and things to do. I've never been before, and knowing the large UK base here on ATS would like some advice.

When I went to Hong Kong ChiKeyMonkey gave me some advice on places to check out and it was great. I know that ATS is not only a great conspiracy site, but also great for networking. So, what have you people got for me this time?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Definatly check out the Tate Modern. LINK

As far as anything else.... well, I was there in July 05. I went to Live 8, and got kicked out of a subway because of the terrorist bombings. My experience will hopefully be somewhat different than yours. Just hope you can enjoy a nice, calm stay in London.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Hey Dude.

My Sis lives in London, I'll chat to her over the X-mas period and come back with some more. But...

Camden is the IT place right now, for your evening drinkys!

If you get a chance I would do the London eye and there's a walk you can do that does all the Jack the ripper death spots!!

MonKey

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Hey Londoner here,

what part you coming to ? or you in the City?

What things do you like?

Yup you just have to check out Camden Market! also Portobello Market

give me a few ideas on stuff your into and ill be happy to point you,

The West Piazza of Covent Garden Market has street performers to entertain you every afternoon. fun to go you get to join in lol

Watch a Trial at the Old Bailey
The Old Bailey is probably the most famous criminal court in the world. You can watch the proceedings from the public galleries from 10am, Monday to Friday.

keep an eye on free tickets to TV shows also
ill get you a link to that soon

[edit on 4-12-2007 by asala]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
i was there several years ago. the tate was a neat place. our guide was an older gentleman that oozed sophistication.

might also want to check out stratford upon avon. you can tour william shakespeare's home and buy some trinkets in his basement. =)

the UK is littered with ruins of (and not-so-ruined) castles and cathedrals - fascinating stuff.

be sure to of course check out the tower of london.

i personally ate a lot less when i was there. i'm a picky eater admittedly, but a lot of the food just got a stare and never made it into my mouth.

we were in the uk for 3 weeks but we were all over the place. i think those were the highlights from england.

[edit on 4-12-2007 by an0maly33]

new topics

top topics

join