It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
What are your inspirations? What pushes you forth or lifts you up?

Personally, I find that hearing about those who stand despite great odds, very motivational. It makes me want to do something too.

This is a thread to look back upon so we may be reminded of what inspires us, what motivates us.

Nyorai

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thank you for starting this thread Nyorai. I have clicked on it several times since you posted it. You have asked a very thought provoking question.

I believe motivation and inspiration are different. Motivation for me is produced by need. I need food so I go to the grocery store. Other needs are paying the bills so I'll have utilities, feeding the dogs so they won't starve and keeping regular dental care so I won't loose my teeth. There are many more needs also.

What inspires me is the difficult one to answer. Had to search my soul to find the answer. My inspiration comes from children and young people. The love and trust of a small child is most inspiring. It is truely a gift.

Teenagers and young adults who are trying to survive their early years without being drawn into the bad things that are around them daily inspire me to respect them and make me mind my ways lest I become a bad influence on them.

Young parents who are trying so hard to raise their children properly and instill good values in them inspire me greatly.

Older adults that have stood the test of time and continue to have a zest for life is inspiring.

Marilyn

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Yes, I see much beauty in the inspirations you mentioned. But you have also brought a good point in the difference between motivation and inspiration. Frightening concepts, say, are quite motivational and can force one to act. Perhaps inspiration helps motivate us. Now that you mention it, I will have to think on their differences and similarities.

I started this thread because I feel it is something everyone needs for their and others' well being. There is great power in this contemplation.

Music incites many different emotions and memories and thoughts, and is one of my strongest allies for wanting to do something. Inspired.

Nyorai

join