It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember the "rods' Check this video out..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hi all,

Just thought id add something about these "rods".

I was watching this video of some BASE Jumpers and you can actually see these unidentified flying creatures, flying around the jumpers.

For anyone thats interested here is the link. When the link opens scroll down to the last video.

Happy Viewing < o >

Link: www.aerialextreme.com/stock_video/

[edit on 1-12-2007 by Elm024]

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well what do you guys think?

Are they something from a different world? A new creature... or just an illusion?

posted on Dec, 1 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
That is taken from one of the best rod videoes out there, so its definately not new. Most major rod threads on the forum has it posted already I believe.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Rods are an example of untold millions of hours of wasted human time. Rods are insects. Because insects move fast compared to the frame rate of the camera, they appear as a motion blurred streak or rod. As their wings flap up and down it creates a corkscrew or spiral pattern around the rod.

Some of this became really apparent when we first invaded Iraq. I (and many others) saw a scene that was being video taped both by a regular video camera and also by a slow frame rate video phone. The video camera showed moths flying around while the video phone showed rods with that spiral pattern. Many people have intentionally taken rod pictures now that they know what they really are.

This is one reason I have such a problem with these forums, because there never really is an increase in learning. The same things come up again and again. There really should be some kind of wikipedia type aspect where people would first have to go there and read info and view videos before entering a forum to discuss things. If that doesn't happen, we'll be stuck in this circular loop forever.

So now we know what rods are, and if they ever come up again, I should expect somebody to be able to use this info to put an end to rod speculation. Let's see if that actually works. (I doubt it)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elhardt
This is one reason I have such a problem with these forums, because there never really is an increase in learning. The same things come up again and again. There really should be some kind of wikipedia type aspect where people would first have to go there and read info and view videos before entering a forum to discuss things. If that doesn't happen, we'll be stuck in this circular loop forever.

So now we know what rods are, and if they ever come up again, I should expect somebody to be able to use this info to put an end to rod speculation. Let's see if that actually works. (I doubt it)

You can say that again! If you knew how many times "rods" have been debunked here you'd spit nickels!

You will have to get used to these things though as this type of mentality is common throughout the entire site. In fact, if a thread goes more that 3 pages you will start to get deja vu without even leaving. Why? Because people don't like to read or look anything up before posting. Some even go so far as to say things to the effect of "I don't know why no one has said this yet" on a thread where "this" has been said many times already.

It's human nature and only very few of us are willing to do more than read the post above our own.

You need to thicken your skin and keep your cool because it will continue but as you can see I do agree.

join