It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Rejected Dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I don't have any evidence or proof but a friend of mine travels a lot and meet different friends who also travel around the world. These friends of hers named some countries that our dollar is outright rejected on the street. I can't recall all these countries but Egypt was the only one I remember. Foreign policy is not my cup of tea, but isn't it Egypt is one of our allies?
I wish we could do something more about this. I'm not sure how many more countries refuse to accept dollar besides Venezuela and Iran. Can anyone post or enumerate solutions besides depressing Google search and other negative news? US needs solutions not patches.

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
well i can tell you a couple country's that seem to be supporting the dollar

saudi arabia and the majority of the OPEC gang along with the united kingdom have been picking up the slack (to help the dollar's slide level off a bit) thru purchases of treasury bonds , while apparently China, Korea, Taiwan have been sellers of u.s debt.

Chavez will not dare switch oil to euro's because he knows the u.s will take him down, and that is one pillar (u.s military might) that acts as the biggest deterent against country's switching. It's the world we live in.

But interesting statement on country's boycotting the dollar on the street, if the slide levels off that sentiment will change.

new topics

join