It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World said to Face "Cyber Cold War" Threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   

World said to Face "Cyber Cold War" Threat

uk.reuters.com

LONDON (Reuters) - A "cyber cold war" waged over the world's computers threatens to become one of the biggest threats to security in the next decade, according to a report published on Thursday.

About 120 countries are developing ways to use the Internet as a weapon to target financial markets, government computer systems and utilities, Internet security company McAfee said in an annual report.

Intelligence agencies already routinely test other states' networks looking for weaknesses and their techniques are growing more sophisticated every year, it said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.mcafee.com

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Interesting! But it's not only intelligence agencies, major criminal organisation are too. Then again the difference isn't that big.

Last year a major attack occured on systems in Estonia. They are believed to have been initiated by Russia, and in the process an estimate of a million+ computers were hacked and used as zombies for the attack. An account of it in this NYT article. Personally I think my computer was used. It behaved slow and strange around the time, and at some instancies wouldn't let me log out saying "other users logged on". Really a downer, my Norton had expired, now I know better.

Today something strange is going is going on with th net too. I keep seing this message "Network Error (tcp_error)" at more and more sites. First it was on wiki, then guardian and photobucket, and now I see it on dictionary (which was ok a couple of hours earlier). I'm not sure what the message means, but I have never seen it before. Someone want to show McAfee?

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
DELETED BY THE MORRIS COUTY SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY

[edit on 30-11-2007 by Drzava]

join