It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holiday reading wish list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
While flipping through this months SEED magazine I came upon their book reviews and I figured why not get some ideas from fellow ATS's for holiday wish lists, Here's one I'll be picking up for myself and a friend:

What Are You Optimistic About?: Today's Leading Thinkers on Why Things Are Good and Getting Better by John Brockman

Many of the world's top thinkers see a rosy horizon despite cocerns about terrorism, global warming and AIDS.
Spanning a wide range of topics—from string theory to education, from population growth to medicine, and even from global warming to the end of world—What Are You Optimistic About? is an impressive array of what world-class minds (including Nobel Laureates, Pulitzer Prize winners, New York Times bestselling authors, and Harvard professors, among others) have weighed in to offer carefully considered optimistic visions of tomorrow.

The Human, the Orchid, and the Octopus by Jacques Cousteau

As a scientist and an explorer, Cousteau laments the government's use of science as a handmaiden to profit, reproaching technocrats and military and industrial leaders who, in pursuit of power and money, make decisions and leave the rest of the world, and its ecosystems, to live with their mistakes.

Jacques Cousteau' s memoir.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
House of Leaves- Mark Z. Danielewski
We- Zamyatin
Infinite Jest- David Foster Wallace
The Raw Shark Texts- Steven Hall
Anything by Chuck Palahniuk

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Who Survives the Unthinkable and Why, by Amanda Ripley.

one of the most fascinating books I have ever read.

new topics

join