It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the S.O./Kids want for X-mas and What they might really get! If their lucky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Last weekend the family did the mall! We wondered around doing a spot of pre-X-mas window shopping.

The wife managed to spot several Gucci handbags, Prada wallets, Jimmy Choo's and some over priced clothes that she would, if I took out a morgage, look great in! Jewlery was glanced at. If it's not the rock of Gibraltar she's not interested! Smellys were done in quick time, I've done that one at the last minute too many times now! She has a shelf covered in silly over-priced funny looking bottles of stinking stuff. And if I ever get her anything from The body shop again I probally won't make it to boxing day!!

We also popped in to toys r us and my son wanted just about everything including Barbie and her little plastic friends! He went Ga ga, completely bonkers for the games systems - PS3-Xbox360 and the Wii - He had a go on the wii (wii sports, tennis) and was rather good at it for a three and a half year old. My wife also has a thing for anything pink and wants an NDS (a pink one!)

We hit the big book store and my son started pulling books out left and right. Dinosaurs, transformers, Mr. Men etc etc... I'm very lucky that my boy is completely into books, reading and stories. It helps that I teach English and read to him a lot. As always in the book store I read him (and about ten other kids) a story. "Mr Tickle and the Dragon". The Mr. Men really rock, excellent vocabulary builders.

So in conclusion.

My son wants everything and anything.

My wife wants a pink NDS and lots of other unrealistic crap!

I think we will be having a Nintendo X-mas. A wii, that can be half for me and my boy and the wife can have her pink NDS. If she's playing that, she's not talking to me!

That's priceless that is!

More books!! Just about the best thing you can ever get someone!!

And something from The body shop, because you can't beat a good wind up!

So... What do they really want and what are they getting?

Happy MonKey-mas

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Perhaps you need to remind them that LOVE is the greatest gift.Stuff is just stuff.
Just my 2 cents my monkey man...

AD

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Excellent post AD!! Completely agree with you, the whole shabang should be about love,

But... In the true spirt of Christmas Shopping and commercial skullduggery!!

Also - don't need to remind my family that I love them, they know, with bells on (jinggly ones if ya like.)

MonKey

posted on Nov, 29 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I hope she isn't the type of wife that expects those pricy playthings from you abd then turns around and gets you tubesocks for christmas! I think if you are going to expect your SO to go all out you should at least do the same.

I just asked for baking supplies and gadgets as I lost all that in the house fire, and I asked if I could have them before Christmas so I could do my holiday baking. So I already got my present. I got him a coffee press from starbucks that I had seen him looking at a few times.

My son loves books too, and movies. So I was thinking of getting him all the Harry Potter books (his fav), a bookshelf for his room and a movie or two. My daughter is more of the sporty type so I will probably get her some sports stuff and some decor for her new room.

We aren't really planning on going all out. We try to keep it low key, just enough to get the kids excited about presents but not too much where it distracts them from what the real meaning is.

join