It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I predict New York will sink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I predict that in maybe 50 - 300 years New York City will sink. I mean sink as in get flooded and sink to the bottom of the ocean.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
New York is sinking right now. Australia is sinking right now. Most citie's are shrinking right now. Why? Because of Isostacy - Equilibrium in the earth's crust such that the forces tending to elevate landmasses balance the forces tending to depress landmasses.

Cities way as much as mountains now, the earth has to compensate.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
that if New York city gets nailed with aa tidal wave--which is not far fetched- It will be a tragedy of epic proportion

armageddononline.tripod.com...
gives ya an idea of what could happen

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Thats pretty interesting EmbryonicEssence

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Although I must mention, Australia on a whole is sinking naturally. It just isn't a very stable landmass.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
that's a pretty general prediction....I mean 50-300 years?? you could have narrowed it down just a bit.

but it could happen sooner, a couple nukes? a few meteors? a major earthquake? all possible reason some even closer to reality than 50 years.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
I predict that in maybe 50 - 300 years New York City will sink. I mean sink as in get flooded and sink to the bottom of the ocean.

I don't think I have to worry about it.....I'd be way to old to swim anyway

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmbryonicEssence
Although I must mention, Australia on a whole is sinking naturally. It just isn't a very stable landmass.

i think were at more risk of seas rising due to global warming than we are from the entire country sinking.

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 10:51 PM
link   
tocoyo (spelling) is sinking fast

theres soo many people there, they better start trying to "fill in" the soggy ground

there thinking of making a gigntic peromide struckture for the next generation to live in

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Tokyo

yeah one of their airports is on a small island and it is sinking.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
Tokyo

they knew it was sinking while they were building it. and they kept building it anyway. how dumb can you get, it would be much easier to stop it from sinking before an airport terminal and runways were put on their manmade island

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chrisnolefan

Originally posted by ausconspiracies
Tokyo

they knew it was sinking while they were building it. and they kept building it anyway. how dumb can you get, it would be much easier to stop it from sinking before an airport terminal and runways were put on their manmade island

Maybe godzilla is has something to do with it

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Anything you build will sink, whether it is on land or on a manmade island in the ocean. Houses sink all the time because of poor foundations. The Kansai International airport in Osaka (the one on the manmade island) is indeed sinking but, they knew that would happen. There is no way past it. But, they did build the airport on hydraulics, so as the island settles more and more they can adjust the balance and height of the airport. It will be quite a while before the whole island goes under. I believe Nagasaki airport was their first aiport built on a manmade island and it is holding up very well. I used to live in Japan and they are fine airports indeed.

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
My understanding is that man made land and islands tend to sik faster than natural as they are typically made of waste (trash and what not). I used to play rugby on this field that was a hole filled with landfill (same stuff used to make these islands) and it was only 10 years old, it had sunk by about 15 metres in 10 years and was still sinking... i think they fixed it since (probably with more landfill)...

posted on Feb, 5 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Well worldwatcher a couple nukes would sink New Yrok. U dont need an earthquake or meteors, but wats the chance New York is gonna get hit with nukes anytime soon????????????/

new topics

top topics

join