It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Rulers of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of the Business Roundtable. I just picked up the Book "Corpocracy" by Robert A.G. Monks, which explains how the Business Round Table entreches corporate rule.

Check out their website at www.businessroundtable.org...

Business Roundtable (www.businessroundtable.org) is an association of chief executive officers of leading U.S. companies with $4.5 trillion in annual revenues and more than 10 million employees. Member companies comprise nearly a third of the total value of the U.S. stock markets and represent over 40 percent of all corporate income taxes paid. Collectively, they returned $112 billion in dividends to shareholders and the economy in 2005.

Furthermore, their comitees are chaired by the actual CEOs of corporations. Check out the membership list at www.businessroundtable.org... This group has the CEOs of lots of 160 of the largest corporations.

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by crontab

Well, I was going to say that their "about us" page made it seem like they were interested in making America better. Okay a bit naieve perhaps, but I try to maintain hope.

But then my conspiracy hairs went up when the link to the member list came up "file not found." Hmmm...

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
never heard of them. but when i tried the link i got the BR logo and a message that said file not found. maybe it just isnt working for me? oh well ill try it later.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The link to the members got messed up. The list of members.

They claim to influence public policy, which means they lobby the government. The website has lots of nice platitudes, but says little of what they really do. Notice how the website talks about executive compensation. They work to make sure their members keep getting their $200 million/year paychecks even when their companies don't do too well. The system is setup so the shareholders can't vote to keep the executives from being overpaid.

[edit on 28-11-2007 by crontab]

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Lol sorry, but do you really believe this world is governed by money?

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crontab

thanks works now. neat list there was one name and company i was suprised was not on there. i used to work for them and the owner is the 19th richest man in the world. i fully expected to see him on there. oh well neat info anyways.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The real rulers of the world are selfish evil people.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul the seeker
Lol sorry, but do you really believe this world is governed by money?

Money isn't everything, but it has a role. However, on a more direct level, the world is run by corporations. CEOs have largely unchecked power to run corporations. These rulers have servants, called employments.

Of course, CEOs need ideological ideas. These ideas come from consultants, lawyers, think tanks, and academics. Chief among these many ideas is economics, especially the Chicago school.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The world is run by the few people who ultimately control all of the world's resources. The one who controls the resources can decide the who, what, where, when and how of human suffering. Media and governments provide the why.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Today, money is simply digital data stored on a computer hard drive.

Those who can play the trick of adding extra zeros to the account without getting caught can become billionaires overnight, unlike you or I who have to work for our money.

In fact, these people hold assets worth trillions, all with stolen money.

They are the owners of the Federal Reserve, and the ones who claim that we are in debt to them $9 trillion.

They bribe people with their own money, steal assets that don't belong to them, defraud the public daily, confiscate wealth with the most dangerous appetite of greed and avarice the world has ever seen.

Today these parasites decide what programs get funding, and who goes broke and hungry, simply by deciding who gets credit from the bank and who does not. This is why so many needed social programs suffer and struggle to get funding, while the war machine always gets all the money it needs to keep killing.

They want to own everything, and want it all so bad that they're willing to kill to be sure they can deny it to everyone else.

Look at all the talk about world population control, distribution of wealth, national debts, and warfare warfare warfare. These are all the sadistic playthings of the wealthy.

There is no shortage of human beings ready and willing to do all the good work that is needed to help humanity end its suffering. The reason it does not get done is because the bankers who control finance do not let money flow through such channels.

They're insane, and we have to stop them if we are going to save ourselves.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Modern "money" is indeed nothing more than computer blips. It only holds value because "they" say it has value. Then "they" use it to turn you into a slave.

Here's how it works. They lend you imaginary money to buy a house. You go buy the house, but before it is paid off you become "not economically viable." (Quote from movie "Falling Down") This means that because of the job market, real estate market, etc., you can no longer to pay the payments that you agreed to. Now they foreclose and Voila! They turned their imaginary money into realestate.

It's happened quite rapidly here in the US in a matter of just a few years this time and in unprecedented numbers. Hundreds of thousands of people bought homes while the market was "hot" and mortgage terms were "never better." Now a few years later, these financial institutions are foreclosing on hundreds of thousands of properties and now own huge swaths of American real-estate without paying a dime.

posted on Nov, 28 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Here's how it works. They lend you imaginary money to buy a house. You go buy the house, but before it is paid off you become "not economically viable." This means you can no longer to pay the payments that you agreed to. Now they foreclose and Voila! They turned their imaginary money into realestate.

Bingo. Through the use of money they create out of thin air, they grab up REAL things.

YOUR things. Which you worked hard for.

Sound fair?

top topics

join