It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rudd to select, sack frontbench on performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Prime Minister-elect Kevin Rudd has reiterated his determination to ignore factions when he picks his ministry.

Mr Rudd announced before the election he would be choosing his own frontbench, abandoning the traditional system of having the ministers chosen by a ballot of Labor Caucus.

He says some time during the next couple of weeks he expects his parliamentary colleagues to have visited homeless shelters in or near their electorates to report on local supply and demand situations.

"When I visited homeless shelters during the campaign the turn away rate for people who presented [at] homeless shelters was horrific," he said.

"Turn away rates of something like 80 or 90 per cent. Now this is just wrong in a country as wealthy as ours."source

wow!!

I am impressed with what I am reading here. Rudd certainly isn't pulling any punches...

LMAO... his Parliamentary Colleagues might actually have to do some ground work!

sack people if they do not perform

I like it! Why should Politicians be any different from us?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Yes he's quite amazing this guy Rudd. Signing Kyoto, pulling the troops home.

Now he just needs to close the shooting range at the Quensland coast for the Yanks and their DU munition, and the open uranium mining of the Northern Territory.

join