It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: I Tried Drugs As a Teen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Presidential hopeful Barack Obama on Tuesday told high school students that when he was their age he was hardly a model student, experimenting with illegal drugs and drinking alcohol.

'I will confess to you, I was kind of a goof-off in high school. My Mom reminds me of that,'' said Obama, an Illinois Democrat who grew up in Hawaii.

After the report about Obama and Cheney being related -- any hopes of this guy were lost, and I hadn't even checked his voting record yet. This story, will it matter, obviously not, look at the Clintons -- co-captains of the 'war on' -- yet, they're the ones suspect of influencing the trade and usage of.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Probably one of the very few truths spoken so far, I think Hillary blew her lead with her comments over the driver licence question, when she first agreed with the idea only to turn around and said no to the idea.
I personally don't care if people smoke/drugs or drink, the majority of people through out the world do or have done one or both. Its people in power with addictions that worry me.
Isn't power an addiction, LOL I wouldn't know cause I got none

According to the the latest ABC News/Washington Post poll, Sen. Barack Obama beats Sen. Hillary Clinton 2-1 as the most honest and trustworthy candidate. She has less support in Iowa than nationally in trust to handle a variety of specific issues. Obama now runs evenly with her on the topic of Iraq. And she's third in Iowa among men.
abcnews.go.com...

[edit on 20/11/2007 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Something still doesn't see right about Obama and he's gaining in the polls on Hill... plus, the mainstream push of Mormon Mitt continues (I had to start a thread w/ his lies, he actually told 'we are change' he's not in the CFR -- while there's a BIO of him from this year on their site) since there's no one to content w/ Ron Paul and they'll have to take him seriously since I know a slew of NY groups out to make Rudy Ghouliani look bad.

...on the edit: the more I think about this, I see it happening, the U.S. has to be fed-up w/ Bush and in this age, I imagine people in Kansas are even using the 'net these days, w/ users in the billions worldwide. I think once everyone starts looking into the candidates, there is going to be a serious look at Ron Paul, otherwise, people are blind to most of these losers so far and it's just political groups out there now.

The only thing is, people in crucial states need to get on his bandwagon quick so he's got a primary shot.

[edit on 20-11-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

plus, the mainstream push of Mormon Mitt continues

Was it really necessary to bring Romney's religion into the topic in such a manner? Very low class, imo.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

We discussed this in the Mitt thread -- the fact that these politicians refuse to separate the two is sort of anti-Constitutional and their quotes and behavior when religion is concerned needs to be questioned.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I hate Obama. But at least he did coke as a teen. Not a 30 year old (ducking sevice) like our current Commander and Chief that thought the warlords of Iraq and Afghanistan would greet us with POPPIES.

posted on Nov, 25 2007 @ 07:41 AM
link   
...found this one from Sept., looks like Obama should be held accountable now for ending the war(s):

Obama signaled Sunday he would only support a future Iraq funding measure if it included a deadline.

“We are going to bring an end to this war and I will fight hard in the United States Senate to make sure we don’t pass any funding bill that does not have a deadline,” Obama told the crowd.

The New York Times adds this quote from Obama: “No timetable, no funding. It is time to bring this to an end.”

tpmelectioncentral.com...

top topics

join