It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rule the World through Passive Resistance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Since there are so many thread here about people attempting to rule the world through brute force, I thought it "appropos" of me to start a thread with examples of how the mindset of a particular culture may have been swayed by non violent means...

obviously picketing/boycott is one attempt... (as long as the police/protestors don't start something nasty)

Ghandi, as everyone surely knows, shamed the English into leaving by forcing them to beat up innocents while the world's fledgling media looked on and reported... (i mean at least that's the legend...)

One of my favorites is the American suffergette movement wereby women were urged to deny their husbands "s*x" until things changed...

...let's start promoting and discussing examples where people don't lose an arm to get some dinner....

BTW... welcome to my first thread....

not sure this is the right forum... MOD? and then i found this:

:quote:The Skunk Works Forum Rules

As mentioned, this forum is for your most outlandish and extreme speculative conspiracy theory ideas. The intent is for like-minded members to engage in collaborative discussions about these theories in an environment that embraces and encourages extreme thought.

i guess i am in the right place!

[edit on 19-11-2007 by never_tell]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
hmmm.. the silence of this thread is most 'telling"

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
Since there are so many thread here about people attempting to rule the world through brute force, I thought it "appropos" of me to start a thread with examples of how the mindset of a particular culture may have been swayed by non violent means...

ap·ro·pos /ˌæprəˈpoʊ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ap-ruh-poh] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adverb
1. fitting; at the right time; to the purpose; opportunely.
2. Obsolete. by the way.
–adjective
3. opportune; pertinent: apropos remarks.
—Idiom
4. apropos of, with reference to; in respect or regard to: apropos of the preceding statement.

I had to look that up. So basically you want to "propose" a solution to a failing society? Am I correct in that assumption?

Well to sum this up rly quick like...

Gandhi was

was a major political and spiritual leader of India and the Indian independence movement. He was the pioneer of Satyagraha—resistance to tyranny through mass civil disobedience,

So in order to reform, we must call upon civil disobedience right?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
civil disobedience doesn't mean civil violence... take the idea of people chaining themselves to trees so they're not cut down, for example... it may not save the tree in the short term, but it brings the media in to focus on the issue, which in turn may change some minds... in this kind of action no one gets hurt (unless police decide to club a protestor and retaliation ensues...)

so, indeed... i'd like to propose a solution, as violence only begats violence... perhaps understanding and comprise may promote its equal...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

So in order to reform, we must call upon civil disobedience right?

- Right.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
there must be examples in the world of people just presenting a great arguement.... no? I mean, does it always have to come down to denying someone else?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

there must be examples in the world of people just presenting a great arguement.... no? I mean, does it always have to come down to denying someone else?

A certain Yeshua Ben Yoseph was elevated like a Serpent d'Airain above the entire humanity to explicit the only way to serve what the Sons of Humanity deserve.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

i suppose you could use "him" as an example, though politically the early christian movement wasn't so "peaceful" and they certainly were into denying the Pharisees their tithe... i'm not sure it was an arguement or rightous example that turned the tide in that case... in "fact" one might suggest that if it wasn't for Constantine, Christianity wouldn't have had the 'run" it did...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by never_tell

Everybody was struggling for... power in late romanized Israël. Djizz did what Mozz did what + ...

Retroactive roman-catholic propaganda against Gnosis and its political hazards...

Church of Yerushalaïm, James, apostles spreading communities gently neated in rocks, a new paradigma aiming to save the "un-justs" by an ethic of permanent action...

EDIT : Rome was packed with christians when Constantin dreamt of a sign on a shield...

[edit on 19-11-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
without this becoming a thread about Jesus and Christianity, allow me to suggest Constanine did what every good politician does in a grab for power... appease the majority... it's not to suggest it wasn't already popular, as were many other ways of viewing 'god", but making it the "legal" religion of Rome was akin to the Pope endorsing Pepsi Cola... for lack of a better fictious analogy...

I'm surprised we're haven't mentioned tibet or perhaps what's going on in Burma... will these display shock and horrify the world enough?

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Don't be ashamed of a few drop of jewish blood to the point of implementing a worldwide matriarchy founded on women's skill you savantly evoked in title...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel

"holy" what did that mean!

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Rigel

"holy" what did that mean!

That La Joconde smiles idealy for five centuries.

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   
you making a pass at me?

as a side note...
... interesting this thread has had over 100 views in the last few hours, yet only a few decide to join... and even then, we're waaaayyyy off topic....

what do you think this says about the ATS culture? Maybe, it's me.....? or... should i start a thread abpout heinous crimes of man and ask for examples of those...

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

I don't know what a pass is. Please know I'm an alien and be prepared for barbarisms in the following lines.

Gioconda's smile is exoteric. Truth is esoteric. Everyone bath in truth every second. It shines, but is rather difficult to be seen.

Your individuality as a unity is the direct Image of God. Direct link : hyperlink, as there are hypercubes.

Passive resistance is a resistance. Djizz did not promote -rather the opposite- any sort of resistance to evil, but elevation of those taken as sinner by current paradigm.

Passive resistance is a violence women are somehow naturally engaged to use of in their relationships with men as a mean of pressure less formal than physical coercition, - tendancy you evoked "cryptically" in your title and more explicitely in your opening post about suffragettes "s*x" strategies.

Christianism, as Judaïsm, is far more feminist than any postmodern feminism. Should it be debated ?

I have to agree, by the way, about the option on a political way. But... Gandhi contributed to spread the word that "an eye for an eye will turn the all world blind". Illuminated about his further mission by being insulted by Afrikaans on a train in South-Africa, did Gandhi lately developped some hate against some western world tradition he totally embrassed before getting back to... Mother India ?

Vive Gandhi, for its deeds, anyway. Even if his "an eye for an eye" was already put forth by Christ. Who defended women perhaps even more than Moses did. Gandhi ?

Is violence the fact of men (vs women) ? That's an old cliché. I personaly share the Genesis general statement. But the fact is that women often publically harasses men about their "nature", tending to associate man-kind to human-violence.

Am I wrong believing you're a woman ? Probably less about the drops of jewish blood... While I still doubt.

Welcome to the ATS' Nef des Fous. Next time will I get the pass ?

[edit on 20-11-2007 by Rigel]

posted on Nov, 19 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   

EDIT : auto-dubbed post.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 02:13 AM
link   
where's the little 'speechless" icon when you need it?!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
La Joconde silently smiles over centuries...

new topics

top topics

join